ADVERTISEMENT

First time in 4 or 5 years - Bowl Projections

26c9d953-5c65-4cf3-ab8b-1434f0c5a643_text.gif

I saw three different projections that had Iowa to the Las Vegas Bowl, and Nebraska v. Iowa State in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix on 12/26.
they play that in the UNLV stadium or the Raiders stadium?

and of course it would be fitting for our first bowl game in years to be against some lame opponent like iowast

Seems like Vegas, Phoenix, and Nashville are the most likely destinations, according to projections.

Reactions: king_kong_

and of course it would be fitting for our first bowl game in years to be against some lame opponent like iowast

Raiders stadium. It's gorgeous. I'm going to my first game next week but I did a stadium tour last May and it is awesome. I will find a way to go to the game if Nebraska is playing there.

UNLV now plays at Allegiant Stadium where the Raiders play so the bowl is at Allegiant. Sam Boyd Stadium (the former UNLV Stadium) sits largely empty.

Reactions: king_kong_
Raiders stadium. It's gorgeous. I'm going to my first game next week but I did a stadium tour last May and it is awesome. I will find a way to go to the game if Nebraska is playing there.
This might be my Raiders antipathy (or opposition to publicly funded stadiums when VGK's arena was privately funded) showing through and clouding how nice the stadium is. However having seen numerous Raiders games, UNLV games, soccer friendlies and a concert there, it feels too nice for a college football game. The other issue as a Vegas local is that the game is 12/23 so I would be busy trying to get back to Nebraska for Christmas.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
I agree. We’d have a shot against USC without Williams. Otherwise their athletes like most schools will run is out of the stadium. We can survive the BIG west but that’s like being the tallest midget.
Maybe usc hasn't seen a defense like ours? I'd gladly take bowl game with them and good flights to Vegas

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I was just going to say that. Williams, and probably a few other Trojans would be out. And an unused Trojan is not a good thing.

Carla Williams would probably be sitting out.
Change that probably to definitely. In the last 5 to 10 years we have seen virtually zero top NFL prospects play in anything but the NC playoff bowls. Of course, NIL does provide some valuable injury insurance if an underclassman plays, gets hurt and then stays in college an extra year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT