ADVERTISEMENT

First Riley Season

Hus

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
Tucson Arizona
I don't know how the rest of you feel but I am more excited for Riley's first season next fall than I have been for years. There is little not to like; so far; the recruiting approach, bonding with players and all the coaches, so much new stuff to learn in a short time, etc. Time will tell but the coaching staff seems to be taking a very practical, well thought plan on how to teach an entire team a totally different system.

Where I am heading is that I hope we all understand that this is a process the team is going to go through. They are going to have their ups and downs for sure and a tough pre season schedule including BYU, Miami at their place with a terrific QB, USF, etc. My point is we as fans have expectations and we should but we also owe it to the coaching staff to allow the players to grow into such a new system. Hell, I hope we win them all but realistically there will be times when it appears that they have the new system down and then; WHAM, it just seems like they forgot everything.

My expectations, and hopefully yours if that we see improvement from game to game but accept that their may be a few surprises on the way. We have to stick with this staff and the players, knowing they are doing their best. If the players accept the new system, and they appear to be there already, and the coaches teach the kids what they know, we are heading for a great team that may take some time and we must hang with them but never lose sight of the ultimate expectation of making that final four; a tough order when you have Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and several more teams that have similar aspiration's.

GO BIG RED and for those recruits that want an excellent education, a dedicated staff with great chemistry, the Huskers' have to be a team you consider. We won't get them all but you have to start somewhere and it seems we have gotten off to a pretty good start so far.

Hus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.