ADVERTISEMENT

First place!

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
pQZ6QaY.png

f7W5Twc.jpg

Not a Red fan, but it would be fun to see them make some noise in the NL Central. I think top to bottom it is by far the best division in baseball.

I love the Royals and probably prefer to watch AL ball, but I could definitely spend a whole summer in an RV doing nothing but traveling the NL Central to watch those teams play.

You remember Pete Rose, Joe Morgan and the 1970's big red machine with sparky Anderson as the manager?

Yes. When I was a kid they were the best, most talented team in MLB. Some put them near or at the top of the best teams of all time. It's like they had an all-star at most every position.

Yup. Was just going to make a "Last place!" thread, but you beat me to it. Less than a week. Usually it takes a couple months. LOL

Damn Cubbies starting off almost as bad as the Reds!

Time to fire all of the coaches and managers and start from scratch!

J/k... sort of... :D

Love seeing the Cubs suck again. Guess all those skinny jeans wearing hipster bandwagon fans will have to root for the Padres or something now. Can't wait to see Maddon get fired.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I like what the mets are doing with respect to the offensive side.. they are not leaning on the long ball.. they just try to hit for average now like the royals did when the were in the series.. it works.. especially with the pitching rotation they have.. when is ces supposed to be back like august???

Reactions: SC_'sker
I like what the mets are doing with respect to the offensive side.. they are not leaning on the long ball.. they just try to hit for average now like the royals did when the were in the series.. it works.. especially with the pitching rotation they have.. when is ces supposed to be back like august???

Yeah, I think they are saying August but I'd be surprised if he plays at all this year.

So now that we have made it to the All-Star Break the Reds are in last place, BUT they are only 4.5 back!!!! Only 4.5 back in the Wildcard, but there are so many teams still in the hunt for that you have to look at winning the division. Are they going to make any moves to boost their roster? Maybe some help at 2nd Base or in bull pen or another quality starter.

I still think this division is wide open. The Cubs and Cards are kind of a mess right now and the Bucs don't have much other than Bell. To me the Brewers are the team you target to beat in the division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT