ADVERTISEMENT

First Half Game Thread!

Until we start losing...maybe everyone should hold off on judgement. We're the better team, mistakes have hurt us. But those can be cleaned up. We have a lot of new guys that need time. A lot of power 5 schools lost today...

Until we start losing...maybe everyone should hold off on judgement. We're the better team, mistakes have hurt us. But those can be cleaned up. We have a lot of new guys that need time. A lot of power 5 schools lost today...
sometimes it seems like the starters just want to keep the game close, to give fans heart conditions and so the backups will get no playing time. ok Im done being negative, GBR!

Wow... How far expectations have fallen with Riley

Lol how good did you think we were going to be this year? Looks like what I expected so far. The front four look good on defense. We're over pursuing on a few plays and look pretty athletic. We'll be ok.

Unless the defense steps up, we'll be losing after Fresno's first possession of the second half. After that targeting call (which was totally legit, though I still disagree with the whole being ejected thing), I would have blitzed on every play, rotated in fresh DL, something. Can't seem to get any pressure and the few times we do, they hold just enough to get away with it.

It's two quarters of the first game....do you guys live your entire lives like hysterical ninnies?

Wow... How far expectations have fallen with Riley

Ultimate expectation hasn't changed one bit. In order for mike Reilly to be a success, he needs a title. But that doesn't mean I expect him to turn a team deficient in talent that doesn't match what his play calling strengths are to look like a top 10 team. Transitions take time. Quit expecting us to be a top 10 team with top 50 talent.

Reactions: bigboxes
well at least bo won't go mental on national tv, not sure why we abandon the run for whatever they did after the dropped hand off. at least we know we can't tackle their qb, so that should help
That's the worst reasoning for our performance this first half. Do you want to win these games against inferior competition? Or would you rather our coach be a complete sloth who rides his bike to the stadium on gamedays?

Lol how good did you think we were going to be this year? Looks like what I expected so far. The front four look good on defense. We're over pursuing on a few plays and look pretty athletic. We'll be ok.
the cheerleaders look pretty good this year! fummmmbleeee

That's the worst reasoning for our performance this first half. Do you want to win these games against inferior competition? Or would you rather our coach be a complete sloth who rides his bike to the stadium on gamedays?
I'd rather the db's stop dancing on first and second down, we hand off securely, and run the ball more.

5 passes?
I agree, the recruits have to be looking at their phones , wondering what the heck kind of offense is this. All these 4 and 5 star recruits to impress and we throw 5 passes. We look gassed on both of our lines. Taking longer and longer to get back in the huddle. There that was a good drive. still bad passing.

my expectations are as high as anyone's....but Jesus Christ. Some people just want to bring us down. Sorry Bo isn't here any more. Sorry we all got tired of getting blown out twice per year. Sorry we didn't hire Scott frost. But get over it and give these guys a chance. Our recruiting is showing life we've never seen before. Just give them a f'ing chance before you dog on them

5 passes?
5 armstrong passes is plenty, especially if they are timed right just to keep the defense honest, remember the chance for armstrong interceptions goes up with armstrong passes. a good balance can be found, it can be done but they have to focus

A bunch of babies just waiting to criticize the team. I won't be driven off. If all you can see is the worst it's because that's what you already believe. We're going to win despite your lack of support.

I agree, the recruits have to be looking at their phones , wondering what the heck kind of offense is this. All these 4 and 5 star recruits to impress and we throw 5 passes. We look gassed on both of our lines. Taking longer and longer to get back in the huddle. There that was a good drive. still bad passing.

If TA passes more than this he becomes ineffective. I'm sure the recruits see this and know what QB's are in the funnel

Good points red and shine. I know patience for one and Armstrong is not a qb to win with his arm . They talk about all receivers though, that we have... ahhh,,, wide open.

Good points red and shine. I know patience for one and Armstrong is not a qb to win with his arm . They talk about all receivers though, that we have... ahhh,,, wide open.
armstrong has streaks passing sometimes he can hit 5 in a row, then sometime throw 2 interceptions in 5 passes. I'd like armstrong to watch tapes how turner gill operated. how smooth he handed off, and how he would burn a defense occasionally with a pass, if he plays it smart and go to the run mostly but then use his good receivers at the right times (including the tight end)...the offense could be kinda potent. to me armstrong has option qb written all over him, unfortunately thats not what we are running, so riley will have to figure it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT