ADVERTISEMENT

First Day of New Staff on the Recruiting Trail

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Sounds like it's off to a good start. Mostly hitting Nebraska high schools today but feedback from the high school coaches where they visited has been pretty positive. We'll have to see if that translates into the kids being impressed as well and more specifically into commitments.

Sounds like it's off to a good start. Mostly hitting Nebraska high schools today but feedback from the high school coaches where they visited has been pretty positive. We'll have to see if that translates into the kids being impressed as well and more specifically into commitments.
I feel confident in this staff based on the way Rhule flipped around Baylor’s situation when he arrived.

I feel confident in this staff based on the way Rhule flipped around Baylor’s situation when he arrived.
Show Me The Money GIF

Zane is gone and not going to reopen his commitment to Okie State so Husker fans need to let it go.
I’m letting it go for now since the new staff was smart enough to at least give it a shot. Can’t fault them for trying. Frost was a complete idiot for messing up Zane’s recruitment as bad as he did. Hopefully Zane will be in the portal in a year or 2 and it can be revisited then.

I’m letting it go for now since the new staff was smart enough to at least give it a shot. Can’t fault them for trying. Frost was a complete idiot for messing up Zane’s recruitment as bad as he did. Hopefully Zane will be in the portal in a year or 2 and it can be revisited then.
Hopefully in a year or two we have a couple of studs here already and can tell him to pound sand if wants to come home....

So happy Fraud is gone and we have a man in charge who has done it before on the big stage.

Hopefully Rhule can heal some of the wounds in local recruiting left behind from lazy recruiting and relationship building of past NU coaches.

Have they had anyone worth recruiting? Maybe I'm getting my high schools mixed up, but I don't think this is that shocking if you look deeper into that statement, as opposed to just reading a flashy headline and jump to a conclusion.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
I guess he's told the staff he's locked in with Okie State. Satterfield did visit Gretna this morning.
What a disgrace. The years of apathy toward anything in-state from the last three coaching staffs have really taken a toll when a Nebraska coach visits your school and a kid won't even leave English Lit. to visit with the guy.

Hopefully Rhule can heal some of the wounds in local recruiting left behind from lazy recruiting and relationship building of past NU coaches.

Didn't someone say that Scott Frost attended one Nebraska HS football game while he was at Nebraska? One! The laziness of that guy was off the charts.

Have they had anyone worth recruiting? Maybe I'm getting my high schools mixed up, but I don't think this is that shocking if you look deeper into that statement, as opposed to just reading a flashy headline and jump to a conclusion.
We are actually seeing what a professional staff looks like. They work hard, they leave no stone unturned. They did a junior day in Omaha already. You know Matt Rhule's famous for unearthing kids everyone else looks past. He is also famous for building relationships. You don't do that by sitting on your ass and ignoring the schools close around you.

They're busy guys, but I think the hc visits every local class A school once a year at minimum, make a phone call and invites them to clinics and camps.

If you only pop in when they have a guy you want, that's disingenuous and doesn't forge relationships. Heck, at minimum the hs coach can tell you about guys that may be emerging at his school or others he's played against.

They're busy guys, but I think the hc visits every local class A school once a year at minimum, make a phone call and invites them to clinics and camps.

If you only pop in when they have a guy you want, that's disingenuous and doesn't forge relationships. Heck, at minimum the hs coach can tell you about guys that may be emerging at his school or others he's played against.

Oh I love the idea and am glad he stopped. I just didn't consider it a deal at all nobody has stopped by there in over a decade, but I agree with you 100% and am liking what I see so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT