ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Foley.

You have become a total apologist, Leave it up to BuSHANKski when we need a good kick.
Aged Well GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

Buschini is a hero, a warrior, and the player of the game IMHO. Which makes it all the more important to block for him effectively. Two blocked punts in one game a week after two FG's were blocked in the same half indicate a lack of fundamental soundness.

If the starting FG kicker is injured, you have to play the backup and it is what it is. But Let's have good snaps, good holds, and block the bad guys effectively.

Reactions: meo1960
While I don’t disagree, what should have happened? They brought everyone…

I’m not a tactician, so seriously, what should have happened to prevent that? Did we need to bring the gunners in?
The guy that drilled Buschini should have been picked up by one of our back shield guys. There was some ass chewing of those guys after that.

Are you defending this disaster?
Hohl was getting destroyed on here when the missed kicks weren’t all on him. Tonight a head coach known for some of the best special teams in college football schemed up punt blocks. We had a blocking breakdown. BUT no I’m not defending the player that blew his assignment. Ultimately Foley should bear the brunt of the criticism but most of the posters on this board have no f’n idea who screwed up.

Hohl was getting destroyed on here when the missed kicks weren’t all on him. Tonight a head coach known for some of the best special teams in college football schemed up punt blocks. We had a blocking breakdown. BUT no I’m not defending the player that blew his assignment. Ultimately Foley should bear the brunt of the criticism but most of the posters on this board have no f’n idea who screwed up.
You are right. I can't name the players who screwed up the last 9 times so far this year on special teams.

If the players don’t know wtf that’s on Foley. Dude sucks stop down playing it

I never mentioned the kickers name. I thought Ed Foley should be fired.

If the players don’t know wtf that’s on Foley. Dude sucks stop down playing it
Foley isn’t on the field and none of us know what the protection scheme was supposed to be. Banderas said in the postgame that our back shield guys screwed up. Foley’s a grown up. He’ll take the blame. He either needs to have them better prepared or replace guys who can’t execute their assignments.

I’ve tried to show restraint with regards to Foley, but enough is enough. Foley has one fvcking job, make our special teams effective. He’s failed at every turn…

Donald Trump GIF

I never mentioned the kickers name. I thought Ed Foley should be fired.
I didn’t say you did comment on the kicker this week. The point was that lots of people on here and other social media were trashing a freshman kicker last week when they had no f’n idea what the problem was. When y’all rewatch the coach’s video come back and give us a breakdown of what went wrong with the blocked punts. Back in the day when I was the solo punt shield I knew my job was inside out. You made damned sure nobody got a free run up the middle first. We had two guys back. Somebody f’d up and they got their ass chewed when they came off the field.

I didn’t say you did comment on the kicker this week. The point was that lots of people on here and other social media were trashing a freshman kicker last week when they had no f’n idea what the problem was. When y’all rewatch the coach’s video come back and give us a breakdown of what went wrong with the blocked punts. Back in the day when I was the solo punt shield I knew my job was inside out. You made damned sure nobody got a free run up the middle first. We had two guys back. Somebody f’d up and they got their ass chewed when they came off the field.
I like you dingle, but you are the problem. Not me.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
I’ve tried to show restraint with regards to Foley, but enough is enough. Foley has one fvcking job, make our special teams effective. He’s failed at every turn…

Donald Trump GIF
If it continues he’ll pay the price. It’s something different every week. Bad snaps leading to blocked kicks. Seems to be fixed. Protection breakdown on punts? To be seen. One thing I believe is that Buschini is a little slow getting them off but he had no chance on that one. It would be informative to have a guy like Busch break down the video.

I like you dingle, but you are the problem. Not me.
Neither of us is a problem. It’s a fan message board. I’m really not disagreeing with you. I’m just pointing out what I see as potentially logical views of the situation. Most of us aren’t very well qualified to breakdown what happened. We just see the result and don’t like it.

I’ll leave coach job security to Rhule. I’m not qualified or well enough informed of how he’s coaching them during the week to call for his head. I understand why people do it though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT