ADVERTISEMENT

Finally framed my pics some 34 years later

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
November 18, 1989. NU wins 42-25 on the back of Gdowski raining TDs down on OU. I remember at some point the cheerleaders led us in a chant of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! SUCKS! I was on the rail at the goal line and got these great pics! Bonus pic of me and my buddy, down on the field after the game.

h5fabwx.jpg

ekoy35Xl.jpg

I decided to check out the others photos I took that day. Not much to choose from. This was before digital. Everything was shot on film. Plus, I'm on the rail, but you can see all the invitees on the sidelines that are in my line of view. But I did get them tearing down the goal posts!

QH8fMCol.jpg

Reactions: HuskAir
So many things in these pics that remind me what a different time that was, including having a QB room deep enough were a kid as talented as Gdowski could barely see the field until his senior year. Not to mention, a kid with that patience to ride the pine for 3 years until he got the chance.

November 18, 1989. NU wins 42-25 on the back of Gdowski raining TDs down on OU. I remember at some point the cheerleaders led us in a chant of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! SUCKS! I was on the rail at the goal line and got these great pics! Bonus pic of me and my buddy, down on the field after the game.

h5fabwx.jpg

ekoy35Xl.jpg
My wife and I are in there somewhere.

That is awesome. I also had the jingle for First Federal Lincoln go thru my head immediately when I saw the scoreboard. Crazy how stuff like that can lock itself in your brain.

Reactions: bigboxes
Cool pictures, Im envious of the simpler times of a camera and click compared to now with cameras on our phones, seems like a take pictures of everything but I do nothing with them. I tell my wife all the time it's sad to me that our kids won't have a shoebox full of pictures to visit when they are older. They will have a memory card to plug in and search but Im positive that the shoebox of pictures would be the first thing I grab out of my home if it were to start burning. After the family of course!

Reactions: bigboxes
Gdowski is so underrated by most Husker fans. His stats were truly amazing but really only had one year to play.
Wish we could have had him for at least another year.

Remember going to this game and it was one of the few Oklahoma/ Nebraska games that wasn’t televised..

Reactions: zrob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT