ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Game Thread FINAL: No. 2 Nebraska 3, No. 13 Penn State 0 (25-22, 25-22, 25-19)

GeoffExstrom

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2022
I'm back at the Devaney Center for the second straight night as No. 2 Nebraska takes on No. 13 Penn State in one of the biggest games of the season. It's a classic college volleyball rivalry between the Huskers and Nittany Lions, but NU has flipped this rivalry on its head with six straight wins over PSU. The Nittany Lions haven't beaten Nebraska since 2018 at home in five sets. In fact, Penn State hasn't won a match in Devaney since 2013.

First serve is set for 7 p.m. tonight on the Big Ten Network with Larry Punteney and Emily Ehman on the call.

Unlike last night, Nebraska will have to be consistent against an elite team like Penn State who has won 10 straight since losing 3-1 to No. 2 Louisville back on September 10. The Huskers were very up-and-down in last night's four-set win over Michigan State dominating the first, second and fourth set, but hit .000 in an ugly third game. It was such a weird night on Friday, the 13th. Here's that recap from last night:

Here's my weekend preview as I dive deeper into the Nittany Lions:

The WWL from head coach John Cook earlier this week:

And finally, The Players' Corner featuring Bekka Allick and Lindsay Krause:

Last edited:
Reactions: klowtherjr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News