FFB - Notes on Ameer #AA21

SoCal_Corn

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
So far away from home....Lost in Hollywood
From an EMAIL blast I get from Fantasy Pros:

CoolCool

Q1. With the preseason midway complete, what player is moving up your rankings the most?

Ameer Abdullah (RB – DET)

“Along with seemingly everyone else, I’ve been warming to Ameer Abdullah. I try not to be too reactionary with preseason rankings, but the plate tectonics of the Detroit backfield have been shifting toward Abullah for some time now. Joique Bell is recovering from knee and Achilles injuries, still isn’t practicing and isn’t an extraordinary player to begin with. Meanwhile, Abullah has drawn effusive praise since the beginning of camp. In general, I feel pretty good about the value proposition for this year’s rookie RBs, and I’m OK with Abdullah’s rising price since it seems so unlikely he’ll be an outright flop.”
Pat Fitzmaurice (The Football Girl)
“Detroit’s Ameer Abdullah

has put fantasy fanatics on high alert after his big pre-season display versus the Jets. Many experts are now saying he’s overvalued as his ADP has risen and he’s now the 23rd ranked RB on FantasyPros. I believe he is still undervalued and will end the season above that spot. If you rewind to just two seasons ago, the Lions had two RBs in the top 20. I can see that happening again as Abdullah has explosive speed and can make quick cuts. I believe he will overtake Bell as the lead back by the time Detroit is back from their Week 9 bye.”
Adrian Pereira (eDraft)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.