ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz and Staff

ol' Kurt going the way of so many of his predecessors

A report commissioned and paid for by the athletic department “confirmed the racially hostile environment in his Hawkeye Football Program,” Solomon-Simmons said.

what a shame RollingLaugh

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Kirk is gonna have to get the axe and so is Gary Barta. Only way the university will be able to stop them from coming back for more.

For every one disgruntled ex player who claims Kirk is racist Iowa could run out 20 who would disagree. So I hope they don't cave.

But what about recruiting? This can’t help

They've never recruited well...so will we even notice a difference?

But what about recruiting? This can’t help
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

So much of this is kabuki theatre on both sides. I've kinda kept up on this topic and I have no doubt some the complainants are either lying or exaggerating the degree of racial stuff.

At the same time, SC coach Doyle was a jerk and may well have said/done racist stuff. Additionally, what kind of look is it to have a black player run around with a cone over his head, especially with recruits and their families there to see it.

Ferenz and his kid are doofs and Barta is slice of cold Spam. I hope I_wa keeps all three forever.

For the Iowa fans reading my post above, I would say the same thing if that crap happened at NU. If, BIG if, the allegations are true in whole or part, and nothing was done to correct it, I'd raise hell no matter what program it happened in.

Reactions: BlkNGld71
Considering that this is the same ambulance chasing lawyer whose clients all recanted their earlier claims under oath in depositions, I don't give him much credence. Unfortunately the AP loves a good old racist coach story so they really downplay the fact that all of the coaches and AD were dismissed from the suit earlier in the week. Why were they dismissed? Because there was no evidence they did anything wrong. Still, for some reason Iowa's lawyers settle the damn suit to make everything else go away.

For the Iowa fans reading my post above, I would say the same thing if that crap happened at NU. If, BIG if, the allegations are true in whole or part, and nothing was done to correct it, I'd raise hell no matter what program it happened in.

Not really an if at all at this point. Some of the allegations were true, and they did absolutely nothing about it.

Reactions: king_kong_
It’s amazing how far reaching Kirks meddling and intimidation in the state go. He basically told the entire state to piss off and to pay for his racist actions. It appears the Ferentz racist reign of terror will continue.
It's kind of funny -- normally when a coach has the kind of clout that allows them to tell everyone else at the school and in the state to eff off -- its someone like Nick Saban or Barry Switzer.

Someone that's accomplished so much on the field that they can tell everyone else how the shit hangs.

Kirk Ferentz has exactly zero skins on the wall. Of any kind. For his career. How a dude like that gets bigger than the school is weird.

Considering that this is the same ambulance chasing lawyer whose clients all recanted their earlier claims under oath in depositions, I don't give him much credence. Unfortunately the AP loves a good old racist coach story so they really downplay the fact that all of the coaches and AD were dismissed from the suit earlier in the week. Why were they dismissed? Because there was no evidence they did anything wrong. Still, for some reason Iowa's lawyers settle the damn suit to make everything else go away.
Ummm, "some reason"?

Because if this thing went to court...the University of Iowa would be owned by 20 former players.

Reactions: king_kong_
So why is this the FOURTH TIME I_wa athletic program as settled allegations against them?

Yes, anytime is a bad time for these kind of accusations or actions. I would say this period in time is a particularly bad time. Choo choo train is loading up. I wonder though, like all the claims made against Scott Frost, why is there is no audio/video evidence. If it were as pervasive as I read, why did no one capture it? I hear a lot about accusations, but with all the tech we have now no one captured any of it? Look, no way Im giving this a pass, because not everyone is a liar....but man, these days with as much credence is given to social justice insanity, I have a hard time believing it can be this bad yet no one captures it happening. Rabble rabble rabble. I think this can happen to any one or organization.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and Laner2
If the Iowa job opens up, I could see Bob Stoops coming back to the college ranks.
He’s been gone a long time. Would not expect the passion or the success to be duplicated at this point. So, I would be fine with it.

It's kind of funny -- normally when a coach has the kind of clout that allows them to tell everyone else at the school and in the state to eff off -- its someone like Nick Saban or Barry Switzer.

Someone that's accomplished so much on the field that they can tell everyone else how the shit hangs.

Kirk Ferentz has exactly zero skins on the wall. Of any kind. For his career. How a dude like that gets bigger than the school is weird.
He has the right agent. And he has had him for years. They both have made a lot of money. And the Athletic Director is a puppet for both of them.

He has the right agent. And he has had him for years. They both have made a lot of money. And the Athletic Director is a puppet for both of them.
Barta and KF have basically been in collusion for years, basically, it is the AD giving raises and saying how great KF is and KF being just average enough to not get a ton of heat.

I will not be shocked if later on it comes out that KF was kicking back some cash to Barta from all those "raises"

Stoops has said he is done having to recruit and no longer cares to coach college football..
People do say that, but this is his Alma Mater so that could throw a monkey wrench in his plans

People do say that, but this is his Alma Mater so that could throw a monkey wrench in his plans
Stoops is never going to coach at a place that doesn't give him free reign...and Iowa will never do that again after the KF racist mess.

Barta has to be gone before Captain Kirk leaves..
Yeah, I agree, but I think it will be more of a "retire" and "retire" thing. Look, we know that Barta is guilty of padding his bank account with raises to KF and we know KF and his staff are racists...this will "go away" quietly with two retirements at roughly the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT