ADVERTISEMENT

False alarm

Nope the family came through Mizzou...HEAVILY tied to the university

Goes back to Sam Walton being a grad
Help us out with all of the Missouri/Wal-Mart NIL deals in place. Links and such that they pour more money into Missouri than Arkansas. I’m sure the ties are more significant than Bud Walton arena or Wal Marts home office in Bentonville. To my knowledge, WalMart has avoided the NIL game.

I want some highly rated stud receivers, but a lot of these guys flake out.

I almost think we're better off snagging proven talents from the portal. Or at least supplementing the class with that.
When it comes to wide receiver I think you're right. It's always good have some grown ass men at that position.
Wingo may turn out to be a stud but it's not a make or break position when it comes to recruiting when the portal is full of them.

I agree. I'm really not worried about recruiting in general because this staff has showed they can get it done with a sorry ass record .
You've got the most important piece when it comes to building momentum for recruiting and that's a stud quarterback. Our turnaround started the day Quinn Ewers came to Austin. Great players want to play with other great players and it starts at that position.

You've got the most important piece when it comes to building momentum for recruiting and that's a stud quarterback. Our turnaround started the day Quinn Ewers came to Austin. Great players want to play with other great players and it starts at that position.
Yeah, I can't get too excited because we have been kicked ,beaten down , and thrown in the dark for far to long. I will wait see but truly believe that Rhule will turn it around.

That was a small sample size of what we've been thru .20 years of stink isn't going to wash away in a year or two.
We haven't been in the position we are in right now since 2009. It can turn around fast.

You guys did lose one though.
Yeah that's been common knowledge since this morning. The staff has already been looking for a replacement. I haven't checked lately to see if anything has happened on that front.
He wanted to play wide receiver and Alabama offered him that and we didn't. I can't blame him for chasing his dream position. Perhaps if we had lost out on wingo that would have changed.

Bo was good at diamonds in the rough and JUCOs. What was his best highly touted HS commit, Rex?
Braylon Hurd probably in 2010. 31st nationally and a 97 overall on 247. Rivals harder to tell, but seems about right. Of course that didn't turn out great. Maybe Aaron Green. and again same. Bo was able to pull in a fair number of 4* talent, looking back.

Beck's comments when he went to Ohio State were really unfortunate. He sort of trashed the recruiting of people like Rex when at Nebraska.

You guys did lose one though.

He's the same dude that flip flopped shortly after committing last summer. Texas wanted him as an athlete/db. Saban convinced him he'll get a shot at WR (where he wants to play). I'm predicting he'll be in the portal before his junior year. Committing 4 different times is a red flag to me. Really surprised Sark was still interested in him after decommitting the first time.

He's the same dude that flip flopped shortly after committing last summer. Texas wanted him as an athlete/db. Saban convinced him he'll get a shot at WR (where he wants to play). I'm predicting he'll be in the portal before his junior year. Committing 4 different times is a red flag to me. Really surprised Sark was still interested in him after decommitting the first time.
Talent. I'd much rather lose this guy than Wingo, however. I have no doubt sark will grab someone just as good to replace him.

Hampton would have been N if Dylan would have committed in March. Oh well. Just glad we got Dylan
Would have much rather seen him in Lincoln than @ Bama...but like Longhorn in Omaha said he'll be in the portal quickly when saban doesn't kiss his ass. I think he's a flake. Perhaps he'll prove us wrong.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT