ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Update: Day 12

jeans15

Head Coach
Feb 23, 2011
Alright everybody the day of morning is over. Its Business as usual.

Notes and Quotes,

- Nebraska dominates the FWAA's 75th anniversary team. Especially the OL!

- Bruce Read says that Westerkamp is the leader in the return game with Turner and Morgan getting reps as well.

- Bishop, A Jones fracture is the word from Riley on DPE. Time table unsure but 'expect him to play a lot this season.

- Mike Riley said DPE injury is a fracture to right foot. Surgery went well. "We really believe he's going to play a good portion of this season."

I'm relieved it's not season ending. Knees are a different matter. I've had (2) blow outs, which left the season in ( Europe) at a stand still.
Now, have had two complete knee replacements. Hope all players have braces, not just the OL's, DE's but, running backs too. GBR

Reactions: jeans15
Consider me as someone that takes MR at his word when he is optimist about an injury.

Something I have not been with the last staff.

Reactions: jeans15
More Notes and Quotes,

- Rosenthal, "He really made a lot of throws," Riley said of Armstrong. "That’s confidence for both the quarterbacks and receivers. That’s a good sign.”

- ‏Christopherson, " Still a competition, but Bray makes it clear Young ahead of Newby at LB. "It's not so much a demotion for Marcus as a promotion for Dedrick"

- Kaipust, "One thing Banker pointed out Thursday was # secondary getting beat on 4 of 5 deep balls. Big-play mistakes NU defense can't afford."

Mike Bruntz,

— The goal of the defense, Banker said the goal of the defense is to get all 11 players to the ball. “You have a primary responsibility, but your ultimate responsibility is to get your ass to the ball,” he said.

— Banker called last Saturday’s scrimmage, “OK.”

— Banker said tackling-wise he would have given his defense a C-plus. “You expect an A,” Banker said. “At least now you know where you’re at.”

— Banker said he has seen a good chemistry building between defensive ends Greg McMullen and Jack Gangwish.

Dang its SOOOOO refreshing to just hear open honest answers by our coaching staff. It makes you feel like a part of Husker football again. Major injury? Boom, here is the deal. Scrimmage results? Boom, this is what is happening. No secrets. No games. No paranoia. Love it. Thank you Eichorst.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT