ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp notes-Scrimmage and injury updates

Lacking for one year. The year prior we had more big plays with Thompson and Palmer than we’ve had in years.
No. I didn't say that we didn't have any big plays. I said its been lacking. And Palmer, plus I'll add in Lloyd last year to a lesser extent, were pretty much long passes behind the defense. Both are good deep threats. This offense needs a lot more than that. More chunk plays and less reliance on 10+ play drives. Barney is a kid who can catch a short pass, make one or two guys miss and get up field for some big gains.

This offense needs more play makers and has to get those guys on the field. Period.

No. I didn't say that we didn't have any big plays. I said its been lacking. And Palmer, plus I'll add in Lloyd last year to a lesser extent, were pretty much long passes behind the defense. Both are good deep threats. This offense needs a lot more than that. More chunk plays and less reliance on 10+ play drives. Barney is a kid who can catch a short pass, make one or two guys miss and get up field for some big gains.

This offense needs more play makers and has to get those guys on the field. Period.

Absolutely true. That's where Barney appears to be a bit different. He's that guy that can catch the slant make the safety miss in space and bump his head on the goal posts 50 yards later. That's been a missing aspect.

I also think the kid who got hurt in the spring game and is out for the year is that type of guy.

We have guys like Coleman, Lloyd, etc who can just run by guys and take the top off for sure. But Barney imo is a bit different.

Holla

Agreed

Special teams is fine and all, but I think we've got to get this kid the ball on offense. If Dylan hits him in stride, he's a big play waiting to happen. Barney brings a big play element to this offense that has been sorely lacking for years.
Barney was tackled by the kicker on his KO return in the spring game. Just sayin....

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub
Barney was tackled by the kicker on his KO return in the spring game. Just sayin....
Pretty sure he thought the kicker was not supposed to be on the field, or something like that… he was surprised when the kicker tackled him, like he was on the return team or something. Don’t remember exactly what it was, but in a regular game, I don’t think the kicker makes that tackle on him.

Pretty sure he thought the kicker was not supposed to be on the field, or something like that… he was surprised when the kicker tackled him, like he was on the return team or something. Don’t remember exactly what it was, but in a regular game, I don’t think the kicker makes that tackle on him.

Yeah, he definitely thought the kicker was on his team/side. But I also thought Husker.Wed was just joking around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT