ADVERTISEMENT

Excited to be back!

huskerprovince

Blackshirt
Oct 18, 2012
Kearney, Nebraska
I'm not a well known poster on these boards, but after a year off from RSS (with the occasional creep on a buddies account to keep tabs on everything) I am excited to be back on board. A year ago this coming Sunday my son, my first child, was born. So I took some time away...because financially it needed to be done. Finally at a point where I felt like I could make the leap back on the board.

My family and I are going through more changes! After teaching at North Platte High School the past two years, and coaching the linebackers for the football team, I accepted a job to be teaching at North Star in the fall. We are flippin PUMPED to be back in Lincoln. Now, hopefully I can wiggle my way in to a coaching position in the next couple of years, because I have a feeling this fall will drive me crazy not being on the sidelines on Friday nights.

As far as the Huskers go, I get giddy every time I think about what is going on here. I've been a huge fan of this staff ever since I participated in their first Spring Coaches Clinic. Last year was most certainly rough at times, and some of that was due to their decisions, but I fully believe this staff is mature enough to learn from their mistakes, and improve with what they have. The season has the chance to be a good one, barring QB play, the how fast the OLine gels, how quickly the DL grows up, and if the secondary can pick up where they left off. (a lot of factors when I type it out) Recruiting? It's going okay.......Love what I am seeing! Just continue to fork out that money to ensure Bray and Williams stay on staff, and we will be just fine. I really like what they have done with the satellite camps so far, and making the FNL camps open to the public is a hell of an idea. I attended the first one with my son and some buddies. I believe a kid I coached at North Platte (Trevon Weaver, DE, Willhite has been in contact with him) will be working out this week so I'm probably going to be attending again. If Tyjon works out next week, I suppose I'll show up for a third. But what a fantastic way to show these kids how passionate Husker fans are.

Looking forward to interacting with fellow Husker fans again, and ready to get this dang season started! GO BIG RED!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News