ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Nation No Longer on Roster

How is it a thin room? We have like 26 DBs still on the chart… we actually need 3 or 4 more to drop out.
Granted most are Fr or RSFr but still… gotta cull the herd.
Is what it is

Reactions: dshusker64
How is it a thin room? We have like 26 DBs still on the chart… we actually need 3 or 4 more to drop out.
Is what it is
it's thin because only 1 can play and even that has been a recent development

Is what it is

Pretty thin in the experience department.

Reactions: king_kong_
Pretty thin in the experience department.
I mean, true, but it was the case with or without Nation

But, Blye is expected back so I assume he and Tommi will start at CB. Depth will have to be built.
I am hopeful Tarver and Bootle step up.

It does seem we are way heavy on safeties and light on CB. That needs to be adjusted a bit

It's always something .
Nbc Ugh GIF by Law & Order

So today, June 7th, is also the last day of the summer 3 week session. Hmmm. Coincidence?

So today, June 7th, is also the last day of the summer 3 week session. Hmmm. Coincidence?
Would grades be out already? I think it’s something else and He wasn’t the only player reported to be off the team today .

I mean, true, but it was the case with or without Nation

But, Blye is expected back so I assume he and Tommi will start at CB. Depth will have to be built.
I am hopeful Tarver and Bootle step up.

It does seem we are way heavy on safeties and light on CB. That needs to be adjusted a bit

Agree it was thin with or without him. It's just even thinner now.

Nice to have a favorable early season schedule to break some of them in.

Is what it is
How thin? I look at it differently than most. I think our DB room has a ton of depth. The way I look at college talent is the bell curve. If we're recruiting well and actually working with the talent to make them better, then most of the guys on this team are about the same. Where NU is lacking is at the top. Quinton Newsome was supposedly some elite DB who was going to be a 2nd day draft pick if you listened to the local Husker hype/media. But he didn't even get drafted. I bet we have guys who can play, maybe even play well. That's the depth I refer to. What we're lacking is studs.

How thin? I look at it differently than most. I think our DB room has a ton of depth. The way I look at college talent is the bell curve. If we're recruiting well and actually working with the talent to make them better, then most of the guys on this team are about the same. Where NU is lacking is at the top. Quinton Newsome was supposedly some elite DB who was going to be a 2nd day draft pick if you listened to the local Husker hype/media. But he didn't even get drafted. I bet we have guys who can play, maybe even play well. That's the depth I refer to. What we're lacking is studs.
We don't have the proven all conference or all american performers, but we do have some athletic studs. Tommi Hill and Jeremiah Charles would stack up against the top corner duos in the country. That athletic talent is a change from prior years.

Is what it is
He got a ton of praise when he came in and coaches, players, etc., all were saying he was the best young cornerback on the roster. The object should be to cull the herd from the bottom in terms of talent, not the top.

Maybe some people should wait to find out the “reason” he left before determining that the sky is falling. Winking

Reactions: HuskerO
Agreed. Need a guy that dominates matchups and forces opposing coordinators to plan around that guy. Haven’t had many of those types in the last several years, at any position. CTB and Trey Palmer. Hopefully our QB will be one.

Agreed. Need a guy that dominates matchups and forces opposing coordinators to plan around that guy. Haven’t had many of those types in the last several years, at any position. CTB and Trey Palmer. Hopefully our QB will be one.
I am not worried about the db room at all mainly because of our D coordinator. He will have them ready to play. Nation was probably salty that Blye came in and took his job. I still hope Jacory Barney is our return man.

Reactions: huskerfan66
He got a ton of praise when he came in and coaches, players, etc., all were saying he was the best young cornerback on the roster. The object should be to cull the herd from the bottom in terms of talent, not the top.
Now you tell us.

Details, details.

Yeah thanks.

When a dude that was nowhere near a difference-maker at FCS(Blye) took his spot in like a week…I’m guessing Nebraska will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT