ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Future Power Ranking

nebcountry

Junior
Oct 29, 2013
I'm not an espn insider, so here's the World Heralds article: espn future power ranking

An espn panel "tries" to project the top 25 teams for the next 3 seasons. No love for NU, or Wiscy either, both listed as contenders outside the top 25. The panel was generous to the SEC, including 8 teams. The B1G teams making espn's cut:

#1 Ohio State
#15 Michigan
#18 Michigan State
#24 Penn State

I'm not a big fan of ESPN anymore, and I hope widespread opinion is not influenced much by them.

I'm not an espn insider, so here's the World Heralds article: espn future power ranking

An espn panel "tries" to project the top 25 teams for the next 3 seasons. No love for NU, or Wiscy either, both listed as contenders outside the top 25. The panel was generous to the SEC, including 8 teams. The B1G teams making espn's cut:

#1 Ohio State
#15 Michigan
#18 Michigan State
#24 Penn State

I'm not a big fan of ESPN anymore, and I hope widespread opinion is not influenced much by them.
Well... they are giving our recruits unwarranted bumps in ranking according to some of our old fans. So I wouldn't put much creedence into what is basically a guess. Unless they have a time machine, and brought back that sports almanac.....

ESPN is one of the bigger fans of the recruits we have. I don't really care if media thinks we aren't going to be a super power this year.

I suppose it is-what-it-is, and we'll have to earn back respect. If espn considers us an "also ran", the rest of mainstream media is probably not far behind.

I really don't think you can put Nebraska in that this off-season due to coaching change. No one really knows what is going to happen under Riley. However , I am confident that if they do this again during the summer of 2017, Nebraska will be in it.

I guess I'm growing tired of the love affair between espn and the sec. This crap gets old.

I laughed a year ago when they had Penn State and Michigan in their top 25 of future rankings. It even seems funnier now. .. I guess if you keep ranking them, you might eventually get lucky... Lol

I laughed a year ago when they had Penn State and Michigan in their top 25 of future rankings. It even seems funnier now. .. I guess if you keep ranking them, you might eventually get lucky... Lol

You realize almost everyone has those teams in their current rankings, right?

Phil Steele has Penn State at 21 this year, I think.

Edit: Nope, they're at 19.

That thing is pretty silly. I love how they say Wisconsin has a chance to move into the top 25, uh they're already there ESPN.

Michigan and PSU are massively over hyped as always. Paper tigers

You realize almost everyone has those teams in their current rankings, right?

Phil Steele has Penn State at 21 this year, I think.

Edit: Nope, they're at 19.

I don't give a shit. I've seen this James Franklin charade before. He's a lot of flash and no substance. His teams will always be fighting for the Weedeater Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT