ADVERTISEMENT

Entire Nebraska basketball team posts on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy’s a turd. I have confidence the University leadership will handle this appropriately.
If by appropriately you mean do nothing. They can't expell this idiot for his beliefs no matter how evil they are. Hate speech is protected under the 1st Amendment, if UNL kicked him out he would own Memorial Stadium by the time the court case was settled. Unless he is threatening violence or breaks the law on campus this turd isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Kudos to the team for being unequivocal on this issue (unlike people on this site).

It cannot be ignored. On the main page of ESPN, "Nebraska" and "hate speech" is now in the same headline.
I'm equally embarrassed by a certain Nebraska senator with a far larger pulpit that is able to spout his BS with no repercussions as some punk kid that was outed by antifa-nebraska

Reactions: Huskercigar
If by appropriately you mean do nothing. They can't expell this idiot for his beliefs no matter how evil they are. Hate speech is protected under the 1st Amendment, if UNL kicked him out he would own Memorial Stadium by the time the court case was settled. Unless he is threatening violence or breaks the law on campus this turd isn't going anywhere.

And all the faculty and students screaming for him to be expelled because that will make them “feel safe.” are freaking ignorant. I’d like just one of them to explain how expelling him as a student would prevent him from coming onto campus. We are talking about a college campus with dozens if not hundreds of entry points.

If anything, expelling him without proper reasons would do nothing but give him more of a reason to act out, and likely bring other nut jobs from across the country here to hold a “legal” rally.

Uhh, didn't he say something along the lines of wanting to be violent, but he's just waiting for the right time? Sounds pretty threat-y to me.

White guys when a NEB player doesn't stand for the national anthem:
"They need to be kicked out of school", "this isn't the time to protest", "This needs to be addressed immediately it's a disgrace"

White guys when a white college nationalist advocates racism hate and violence: "he has his rights to express his opinion", "ignore him and it will go away"

"They need to be kicked out of school", "this isn't the time to protest", "This needs to be addressed immediately it's a disgrace"

White guys when a white college nationalist advocates racism hate and violence: "he has his rights to express his opinion", "ignore him and it will go away"

Prejudging someone’s thoughts/intents solely based on the color of their skin is the exact definition of racism...well done, sir

Kudos to the team for being unequivocal on this issue (unlike people on this site).

It cannot be ignored. On the main page of ESPN, "Nebraska" and "hate speech" is now in the same headline.
Which is exactly why drawing more attention to one piece of shit, was not necessary. Because guess what, this attention is exactly what he wanted.

Reactions: Husker Sledge
And all the faculty and students screaming for him to be expelled because that will make them “feel safe.” are freaking ignorant. I’d like just one of them to explain how expelling him as a student would prevent him from coming onto campus. We are talking about a college campus with dozens if not hundreds of entry points.

If anything, expelling him without proper reasons would do nothing but give him more of a reason to act out, and likely bring other nut jobs from across the country here to hold a “legal” rally.
Bingo. His ideology is disgusting, but they are opening a can of worms by freaking out

Reactions: TheNewNU

And all the people that called for Rose Ivey and Neal to be suspended or benched for protesting the National anthem are ignorant as well, correct?

I think it's better to ignore. It's every American's constitutional right to say stupid stuff and be an idiot. Sports team's should stay out of politics. Sports are a uniter not a divider. Where were they when antifa and facist idiots were spewing their nonsense. If you make a statement about one thing then you have to keep making statements about others.

My opinion of this idiot.....move on nothing to see here. Making a statement even though it didn't name names, we can pretty much connect the dots, the attention is what the individual wants.

Ignore and move om.
That what happened in Germany and Hitler came to power because no one wanted to speak out.

People do have to admit the hypocrisy of it all. What you just stated is true, and it’s funny (not in a humorous way) more people do not grasp this concept of double standards. I’m still ok with the idea of Kleve catching a solid beating either way, even if that makes me a hypocrite.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ootball-players-protest-kneel-national-anthem

Hal Daub

“It’s a free country, they don’t have to play football for the university either.”

"They won’t take the risk to exhibit their free speech in a way that places their circumstance in jeopardy, so let them get out of uniform and do their protesting on somebody else’s nickel," he said.

I meant I never saw it on the message board - my bad. I was aware of the Daub wtf moment.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ootball-players-protest-kneel-national-anthem

Hal Daub

“It’s a free country, they don’t have to play football for the university either.”

"They won’t take the risk to exhibit their free speech in a way that places their circumstance in jeopardy, so let them get out of uniform and do their protesting on somebody else’s nickel," he said.

Rose Ivey handled himself well during that whole ordeal, after the old washed up politicians got their tongue lashings in he began a dialogue with those in power and ended his protest after that. He went and played the whole season. In other words his 1st amendment right was protected and respected by UNL. The university must do the same for this idiot. If they don't he will sue and the university will get taken to the woodshed. The best thing everyone can do is to denounce his evil views and then ignore him.

And all the people that called for Rose Ivey and Neal to be suspended or benched for protesting the National anthem are ignorant as well, correct?

Im not a fan of this kid
HOWEVER BIG DIFFERENCE

Kneeling for the National Anthem during a game while representing the University on University property is much different than voicing an opinion as a private citizen on their own time in the way this kid did it

I wast for suspending the two kneelers either
But NOT equivalent
Had either of the kneelers been protesting on their own time- not repping the U_ NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED- This is MUCH DIFFERENT deal
Big reach

Im not a fan of this kid
HOWEVER BIG DIFFERENCE

Kneeling for the National Anthem during a game while representing the University on University property is much different than voicing an opinion as a private citizen on their own time in the way this kid did it

I wast for suspending the two kneelers either
But NOT equivalent
Had either of the kneelers been protesting on their own time- not repping the U_ NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED- This is MUCH DIFFERENT deal
Big reach

They didn’t kneel on University of Nebraska property. The players don’t even come out of the locker room for the anthem at Nebraska.

Personally I think the university should let this Nazi continue to waste his money on tuition and books because he’s made himself unemployable.

While true, giving the clown any attention is exactly what he wants. The more the students start making this a story, the worse it will get. Let the idiot wallow in his own miserable existence.

Exactly, why do we give ONE racist PUNK this type of attention? There are 300+ million people, are we going to protest each miserable punk in the country one at a time? This leads inevitably to blaming the university because they don't do exactly what someone demands.

They didn’t kneel on University of Nebraska property. The players don’t even come out of the locker room for the anthem at Nebraska.

Personally I think the university should let this Nazi continue to waste his money on tuition and books because he’s made himself unemployable.

You are wrong
They both knelt at a game I attended

It was after they knelt that Nebraska went to a policy of not having the kids come out before the anthem

You are wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: frostonthegrass
You are wrong

It was after they knelt that Nebraska went to a policy of not having the kids come out before the anthem

You are wrong

What game was that? I thought they knelt at Northwestern and at Ohio State.

Trying to find equivalence in people protesting quietly (taking a knee) for equal justice and someone proclaiming that one race is superior to others and revels in violence is a problem.

Yes. Both are allowed under first amendment rights to do just what they did. But one is despicable while the other is aiming for a greater goal.

Yeah, because no black guys would get offended by players not standing for the anthem

U

Right. It’s not like the Governor did that or anything.

I think you are getting what Ricketts said and what Daub said mixed up and if you had paid attention and read a little further in the thread I said I was aware of what Daub said, and that my message referred to posters on this message board.

I was never in that camp of calling for a suspension or being benched. And duh, they had the right to do it, just as people had the right to voice their disgust with them doing it. Just as the Westboro nuts have the right to say the stupid $&@! they say.

And my statement about ignorance was pointing out that expelling him won’t stop him from doing something if he is hell bent on doing so. Look at the mass shootings that have happened in this country. How many were done by someone at a workplace where the suspect had been fired? It doesn’t mean they can’t come back.

That’s an awful broad brush you are painting with.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I agree, he has the right to think/say what he wants. My problem with him is when he talks about violence. I feel the same way about the Antifa nuts.
And how did you feel when our black state senator compared cops to ISIS and said they should all be killed?

And this thread went about as expected. The cigar man goes full potato out of Left field. Well done.

I'm equally embarrassed by a certain Nebraska senator with a far larger pulpit that is able to spout his BS with no repercussions as some punk kid that was outed by antifa-nebraska
Way to deflect. As if I GAF what embarrasses a person like you.

You are wrong

You are wrong

Still waiting on a reply. What game was that??

The players haven’t come out for the anthem at Nebraska for years now. They play the anthem and go immediately to the tunnel walk as soon as the flag bearers leave the field.

Reactions: huskerj12
Still waiting on a reply. What game was that??

The players haven’t come out for the anthem at Nebraska for years now. They play the anthem and go immediately to the tunnel walk as soon as the flag bearers leave the field.
That policy was changed AFTER Ivey kneeled
YOU were right- it was away games they kneeled at

Im going to use the Tuco defense
I was just joking- taking a different stance to provide balance- I could never be wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just kidding- Im doing the honest adult thing- I was wrong- you were correct

At the end of the day- those protests were done while officially and publically representing the University of Nebraska wearing the University of Nebraska equipment and uniforms. MUCH different than a student on his own- not repping the U on his own personal time. I disagree with both their stances, but have NO problem would support either of them saying what they want ON THEIR OWN TIME- while not representing the University.

Last edited:
Reactions: nudan92
And this thread went about as expected. The cigar man goes full potato out of Left field. Well done.

First of all my handle is HuskerCigar. Not cigar man. This is the second post I have read today where you have used name calling as a means to make your point which often has no point other than to act like an adolescent name caller. If you have to revert to calling names then you most likely don't have a point.

Second of all it wasn't left field. It was an example of a similar situation.

First of all my handle is HuskerCigar. Not cigar man. This is the second post I have read today where you have used name calling as a means to make your point which often has no point other than to act like an adolescent name caller. If you have to revert to calling names then you most likely don't have a point.

Second of all it wasn't left field. It was an example of a similar situation.
Lol. Name calling. Still imagining things. You are really struggling to keep up the act. Any more claims you want to spout, without the ability to back it up? Running to the mods and sucking up won't work this time, no matter how much you want to lie to them and suck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT