ADVERTISEMENT

Enough is enough

Mercedes

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
I am tired, fed up, depressed, & plain pi$$ed off!

I am officially tired and worn out with the plain mediocrity the football program has exhibited for 14 years. I loathe it & refuse to accept it as inevitable any longer!

I am tired of this program underachieving-in athletic management, recruiting, and coaching.
Nebraska football (& the athletic dept.) deserves to be re-elevated to its rightful place in the CFB landscape. Period! Our championship teams of the past have earned it.

I am tired of the excuses & rationalization as to why the program won't & can't achieve the glory & stature it once enjoyed & earned. I don't accept most the premises many offer.

I am tired of the pathetic rationalization for the last 2 head coaches who achieved nothing more than a systemic degradation of this proud program with a history of being one of the top programs in history.

I am tired of the constant drumbeat that Nebraska has a recruiting disadvantage it can't overcome & can't possibly achieve its former championship level. Refuse to accept it.

I am also tired of the "new" aspiration to achieve the success of Michigan State, Wisconsin, & Minnesota. We should aspire to be NEBRASKA! We should be our own standard of excellence.

I am so tired of the the RSS keyboard jockeys who constantly snipe, bicker, & call each other out in their attempt to be "right", or dominate the internet site, or perpetuate their false propaganda that "all is right" in Huskerville. It's old & degrades the purpose & greatness of RSS. STOP IT!!

We have has 4 decades of excellence, achievement, & championships eroded in the last 14 years. I am tired of this streak & I say ENOUGH. I say NO MORE! Stop the mediocrity...PLEASE!!!

Starting NOW, I want to see Nebraska rise up & gain back the excellence, confidence, dominance, & character it so deserves. It is appropriate. It is time! Stop the mediocrity. This season can't start soon enough to wash this bitter taste from my mouth. GO BIG RED!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News