ADVERTISEMENT

Easter online services

nwualum

Junior
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
For those of you interested, St. Marks Methodist (84th and Pioneers in Lincoln) is live streaming their services, as are several churches. If you want to "attend" Easter services tomorrow, go to stmarks.org. Click on the 'online worship' tab on the right. I guarantee you will not hear a "you are going to hell" type of sermon. Our pastor does a great job of preaching from the Bible and applying it to our lives today. Services are at 9:00am and 10:30am. Happy Easter everyone!

For those of you interested, St. Marks Methodist (84th and Pioneers in Lincoln) is live streaming their services, as are several churches. If you want to "attend" Easter services tomorrow, go to stmarks.org. Click on the 'online worship' tab on the right. I guarantee you will not hear a "you are going to hell" type of sermon. Our pastor does a great job of preaching from the Bible and applying it to our lives today. Services are at 9:00am and 10:30am. Happy Easter everyone!
We stream ours online too. Most churches have gone that route. We tried a parking lot FM broadcast last weekend which was well attended. People stayed in their cars with their coffee and doughnuts and the Pastor was on scaffolding in front of the church. Our praise band and organist played from inside the sanctuary (maintaining our social distance). We had some sound issues but I think we've got those fixed. I'm ready for some nice weather so we could move the whole thing outside with a portable sound system.

One thing I would encourage folks to do is to continue to support their church financially if they can. There's still bills to pay and an offering isn't an admission fee you only pay when you walk in to the sanctuary.

We stream ours online too. Most churches have gone that route. We tried a parking lot FM broadcast last weekend which was well attended. People stayed in their cars with their coffee and doughnuts and the Pastor was on scaffolding in front of the church. Our praise band and organist played from inside the sanctuary (maintaining our social distance). We had some sound issues but I think we've got those fixed. I'm ready for some nice weather so we could move the whole thing outside with a portable sound system.

One thing I would encourage folks to do is to continue to support their church financially if they can. There's still bills to pay and an offering isn't an admission fee you only pay when you walk in to the sanctuary.
And in Mississippi this week, people were fined for attending a drive-in church service....even with their windows rolled up. Church was not deemed "essential" by the mayor. Although going to Walmart and walking into that building would be deemed appropriate....no questions asked.

I get it.....I agree with not holding in-person services. But what does it hurt to have drive-in services with windows rolled up? Safer than going to the grocery store! Legal action has already been initiated....

Super blessed to have a younger brother who will celebrating Easter mass with his religious community tommorow and streaming that. Got a priest in the family, and am hoping for one of my sons to be an auto mechanic/body guy, and one of the other sons to get into chiropractic. I will be set!:Cool:

Thanks for the reminder. It would be important to attend services this year for me. I just went online and found out my church has services online. If I miss them, it looks like they are archived for a time. I'm used to so many different services. Now, just the one.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

I appreciate the comment about continued support of a church during these times. I was not raised to tithe, but appreciate it now. The church is not the movie theater.....

Reactions: OzzyLvr
And in Mississippi this week, people were fined for attending a drive-in church service....even with their windows rolled up. Church was not deemed "essential" by the mayor. Although going to Walmart and walking into that building would be deemed appropriate....no questions asked.

I get it.....I agree with not holding in-person services. But what does it hurt to have drive-in services with windows rolled up? Safer than going to the grocery store! Legal action has already been initiated....
We've a zealot city commissioner who literally drove through our parking lot to make sure everybody's windows were rolled up then she went up on a rise overlooking the lot and watched us with binoculars. You give a person a little bit of power and all of the sudden they think they're James Comey. :confused:

I watch cardinal dolans mass this morning, it was great but not the same as going to the local church for services. This virus is really beginning to piss me off. First no final 4 then no college baseball season mlb is on hold to some no nhl or nba, and now its affecting Passover and Holy Week with no Easter services for any denominations except for a few

Reactions: dinglefritz
I watch cardinal dolans mass this morning, it was great but not the same as going to the local church for services. This virus is really beginning to piss me off. First no final 4 then no college baseball season mlb is on hold to some no nhl or nba, and now its affecting Passover and Holy Week with no Easter services for any denominations except for a few

Wait until it affects your football.

You forgot this week-weekend The Masters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT