ADVERTISEMENT

Early enrollee thread

Rhule said their should be 14 to 16 early enrollees in this class.
Spoken like a kid whose dad taught him well.

Remember SR was born in Miami. Went to the U and ended up drafted by the Bills. Probably took SR a little time to get used to playing in colder weather and likely told son, get used to it earlier cause you don’t want to wait until the NFL to see if you can handle it

Remember SR was born in Miami. Went to the U and ended up drafted by the Bills. Probably took SR a little time to get used to playing in colder weather and likely told son, get used to it earlier cause you don’t want to wait until the NFL to see if you can handle it
I think the whole playing in bad weather in CFB is not a big issue. They are playing in Sep, Oct and Nov. It's usually pretty mild. 40 to 50 degrees is fall football weather. They aren't playing in the real bad months of Dec and Jan like the NFL. But if you wanna play with the big boys in the NFL you need to man up sooner or later. Like Rhule said if you have to play or practice in it. "Embrace the suck."

Last edited:

As changes become public, this chart will be updated. The list of players who are still with the team but are no longer on scholarship is not public information. For example, the Huskers are at 97 scholarships on our chart below but likely have a few players listed who are no longer on scholarship. Nebraska will have until August 2024 to whittle down its scholarship count to 85 players.

Last updated: Dec. 26, 2023

I think the whole playing in bad weather in CFB is not a big issue. They are playing in Sep, Oct and Nov. It's usually pretty mild. 40 to 50 degrees is fall football weather. They aren't playing in the real bad months of Dec and Jan like the NFL. But if you wanna play with the big boys in the NFL you need to man up sooner or later. Like Rhule said if you have to play or practice in it. "Embrace the suck."
100% agree with this

Looking forward to the early enrollees getting on campus and getting started. Holding out hope that a few of these guys can be instant impact players as freshmen but obviously everyone develops at their own pace. But man would it be nice to hit on a few more early impact contributors. It would really, really up my confidence level long term on the current staff.

Hell. Before this last week it was 50s and 60s all month in Lincoln.
Climate Change Activism GIF

Not just cold in GB in the NFL. Outdoor teams. Both Ny teams. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Denver, KC, Washington, Philly. New England, Baltimore. Gets cold in Carolina and Tennesse late.

People using the cold weather against us in recruiting is comical. State College Pennsylvania, Ann Arbor Michigan, and Columbus Ohio are apparently tropical paradises based off of their recruiting class success.

I ride my bike in the worst weather Omaha has to offer hot and cold, day and dark. It's all what you make of it. Makes me feel badass when nobody else is out :) ...embrace the suckage is a great phrase. Will tuck that one in my pocket
Same. I used to want to ride more when it was cold and snowy. When Melvin Gordan already had 200+ on us, I decided to go for a ride with 3"-4" of snow on the ground and told my daughter that when I get back, he'll have 350 and 4 touchdowns. When I got back and tapped on the window to ask how much he had, the look on her face was priceless. I just laid there on the porch lmao. 😄😄😄

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Seems like there has been plenty of home games in the 60s for temps even in November lately. I recall Ohio St in Nov 2021 it was like 70.

I ride my bike in the worst weather Omaha has to offer hot and cold, day and dark. It's all what you make of it. Makes me feel badass when nobody else is out :) ...embrace the suckage is a great phrase. Will tuck that one in my pocket
These damn hippies and their bikes 🤣

I'm only a fair weather biker.

• Haha
Reactions: kruller
Same...This weird idea that games are being played in snowstorms and -10 degree weather is sooooo overblown.

NU had what, 1 cold ass game this year, vs Iowa?
There have been tons of bitterly cold games with terrible weather. People who go regularly know.

This is why if you're planning to hit some games you want to hit a night game in September so you can see the talent in short shorts and tank tops.

Then you want to catch a game in early October. Preferably something a little cooler so they have the tight jeans on and the flannel.

After that usually everyone is wearing a parka.

There have been tons of bitterly cold games with terrible weather. People who go regularly know.

This is why if you're planning to hit some games you want to hit a night game in September so you can see the talent in short shorts and tank tops.

Then you want to catch a game in early October. Preferably something a little cooler so they have the tight jeans on and the flannel.

After that usually everyone is wearing a parka.
It is all how you fare, whether you like it or not, as far as weather goes.

Fair or foul.

I’m a General Manager for a pest control company branch in North Carolina. I have spent entire seasons working outside and let me tell you I’d take cold over hot any day. I lose techs in the summer, I don’t lose techs in the winter.

In fairness, NC cold ain't even close to Nebraska cold. Conversely, Nebraska hot ain't even close to NC hot either.

Back on track - Based on my half assed attempt at finding a list of early enrollees, this is what I came up with. If you see any errors, I can edit.

Kaelin
Hall
Barney
Keelan Smith
Flynt
Pyle
Murphy
McGahee
Gradney
Taylor
Guthrie
Brix
Raiola
Shavers
Buford
Thank you! This is the list I was looking for.

Looking at potential impact:

2 qbs - nothing more to say

3 wrs - at least 1 wr will get significant minutes, probably 2 or all 3.

2 lbs - position of need IMO, depending on the Idaho portal transfer.

Buford could play early.

The rest probably aren't doing a ton in 2024 barring significant injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT