ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Still Talking with Kirby/Georgia

If dad and uncle were not in the equation, would we even be getting the time of day?

I want players that want to be here. 4 different high schools in 4 years doesn't show me ANY loyalty so why would that change now.

Dylan doing what he perceives to be best for Dylan.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
after the very public QB barnstorming tour the staff have been on since Thanksgiving that has essentially rubbed the current QB room's inadequacies directly in their faces, I have to think there will be some very pointed questions asked - both out in the open and behind closed doors - should the music stop without 1 or multiple new QBs
Agreed. And while publicly shaming a college player is nuts, I have to believe our QB room knows what state its in. Either way, let the competition cull the chaff.

Reactions: ATX Husker
If dad and uncle were not in the equation, would we even be getting the time of day?

I want players that want to be here. 4 different high schools in 4 years doesn't show me ANY loyalty so why would that change now.

He has to do what he thinks is best for himself. Why should he do anything else in this decision? He owes us nothing. Our expectations are way out of whack with reality.

The high school transfers have been explained. They were logical.

after the very public QB barnstorming tour the staff have been on since Thanksgiving that has essentially rubbed the current QB room's inadequacies directly in their faces, I have to think there will be some very pointed questions asked - both out in the open and behind closed doors - should the music stop without 1 or multiple new QBs
Serious question, how should the coaches have done this in a way that would be acceptable? Everyone in the country saw that changes needed to happen. What should the coaches have done differently? They certainly couldn’t ignore the room… do you think the current QBs are surprised? Feeling hurt? Because I don’t… they know this is P5 football and they get how things work.

Examples of this public barnstorming tour?

Would not put it beyond him. Anyone who plays games with his crystal balls the way Wiltfong does is always keeping his options open. I actually don't blame him for trying that but it doesn't mean I don't find it weasley (may have just made up a word).
Not a new word… lots of weasleys in the Harry Potter universe.

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
He has to do what he thinks is best for himself. Why should he do anything else in this decision? He owes us nothing. Our expectations are way out of whack with reality.

The high school transfers have been explained. They were logical.
Refresh my memory on the AZ transfers please. I get tx to AZ. I will accept the GA transfer. Need to know more on the in town transfer.

Thanks

Things have changed. You either have to accept it or avoid college athletics altogether.

Reactions: GaRed
Exactly. That's what some of these folks don't understand. The program/university/state has asked us for support for 20 years, they've spent 20 years messing around and not behaving like the program that was built here. They want our time, money, and attention but refuse to pay us back with the only thing we want in return: wins. That's a them problem, they need to correct that situation now and not act like we did something wrong.
Tantrum Crying GIF

That's like saying UT wouldn't get the time of day if UT was in Idaho instead of Texas. No other school cares how they get recruits.

Examples of this public barnstorming tour?
seriously?

did you not see the tweets? the visits to Howard, McCord, Ward, Leavitt, etc?

I never said it's a bad thing or what they shouldn't be doing - that's projection.

I am merely stating the obvious - the coaching staff is publicly and deliberately doing all they can to prevent any of our current QBs from ever playing here again.

if at the end of this, we're in the same place we started, how do you think those guys will look at the custodians of their football futures?

I know I'd be all too ready to tell them to f*ck themselves. perhaps they're better able to compartmentalize what's being said about them via the staff's outward actions to replace them than I would be.

frankly, I really hope they land someone so we don't have to find out.

seriously?

I never said it's a bad thing or what they shouldn't be doing - that's projection.

I am merely stating the obvious - the coaching staff is publicly and deliberately doing all they can to prevent any of our current QBs from ever playing here again.
And that’s why people take issue with your posts… you could just as easily say that the coaches are publicly and deliberately doing all they can to improve the QB room. Because that is precisely what they are doing.

But instead you twist it to sound as bad as possible. Why always the negative spin? Serious question…

Kong being Kong. And you do it better than anybody.

seriously?

if at the end of this, we're in the same place we started, how do you think those guys will look at the custodians of their football futures?

I know I'd be all too ready to tell them to f*ck themselves. perhaps they're better able to compartmentalize what's being said about them via the staff's outward actions to replace them than I would be.
Publicly showing the fans that we are trying to get better.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Refresh my memory on the AZ transfers please. I get tx to AZ. I will accept the GA transfer. Need to know more on the in town transfer.

Thanks
Coaching problems. Mass exodus at one school. Obviously Dom was done with AZ life to pick up and move to Georgia. Georgia is a high growth popular state. I’ve had Dr friends retire to the “mountainous” areas of Georgia. I doubt they would have moved to Ohio. That said. Advancing a kids potential NFL career could be worth HUNDREDS of millions of dollars.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I was fine with the waiting for the most part. It's the playing footsy and stringing us along that's starting to piss me off. And if he used us for more money or/and a guarantee, I would be fine with banning all Raoilas from campus
Settle down. He isn’t stringing us along. He is going to end up in Lincoln. He has helped pull together one fantastic recruiting class at the end here.

Nebraska now has their QB of the future and it’s time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. It’s a new day in Lincoln with a coaching staff that knows what they are doing.

seriously?

You're sick of losing aren't you ? We can probably agree that the QB room was our worse position and need a massive upgrade. These guys didn't bring em in and don't owe them anything but a chance. Lot a money at stake here , some backs are going to be stepped on. Different times that are right in our face .

And that’s why people take issue with your posts… you could just as easily say that the coaches are publicly and deliberately doing all they can to improve the QB room. Because that is precisely what they are doing.

But instead you twist it to sound as bad as possible. Why always the negative spin? Serious question…

Kong being Kong. And you do it better than anybody.
choosing to ignore the potential fallout of such a move should it not end the way we all hope is willful ignorance.

nothing more, nothing less.

my comments on their own are neither positive or negative. they are simple realities that need weighing, and I'm very hopeful the staff did not set out on this public campaign without being fully transparent with the kids in the QB room currently and with Kaelin.

I can guarantee you the coaching staff are taking what I'm posting here into account, and they should.

rose colored glasses =/= blinders.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
seriously?

Since it was a public barnstorming tour, I’m sure they went around taking pics, etc with recruits, you could share.

And since they are working so hard to prevent our current QB’s from sticking around, I’m sure they have said some negative things about them you could also share.

You're sick of losing aren't you ? We can probably agree that the QB room was our worse position and need a massive upgrade. These guys didn't bring em in and don't owe them anything but a chance. Lot a money at stake here , some backs are going to be stepped on. Different times that are right in our face .
I am so sick of losing. I hate it more than anything.

but, I also understand there is zero pressure to win here.

so much so that I'm not even sure on-field results are what our athletic department measures success by.

it's a difficult thing to balance, and I really wish we had a check cashing day to celebrate.

Since it was a public barnstorming tour, I’m sure they went around taking pics, etc with recruits, you could share.

And since they are working so hard to prevent our current QB’s from sticking around, I’m sure they have said some negative things about them you could also share.
"pics or it didn't happen"

RollingLaugh

are you saying our coaching staff have not been flying the pj around the country visiting portal QBs?

and, if so, what are your thoughts on that?

choosing to ignore the potential fallout of such a move should it not end the way we all hope is willful ignorance.

nothing more, nothing less.

my comments on their own are neither positive or negative. they are simple realities that need weighing, and I'm very hopeful the staff did not set out on this public campaign without being fully transparent with the kids in the QB room currently and with Kaelin.

I can guarantee you the coaching staff are taking what I'm posting here into account, and they should.

rose colored glasses =/= blinders.
Disagree… your initial post is negative, not positive. Nothing in the initial post was about the coaches trying to improve the QB room. Maybe it’s assumed, but it isn’t stated.

What IS stated is the coaches are doing everything possible to make sure these QBs never play again. You are playing linguistics, as you so masterfully do, to make it so people get pissed st you and you can deny that you said anything wrong.

While technically accurate, it is the game you play over and over again on this board and then wonder why people lash out at you.

Again, you love it. You love the word games, you love the attention, you love jerking chains.

Just own it.

Disagree… your initial post is negative, not positive. Nothing in the initial post was about the coaches trying to improve the QB room. Maybe it’s assumed, but it isn’t stated.

What IS stated is the coaches are doing everything possible to make sure these QBs never play again. You are playing linguistics, as you so masterfully do, to make it so people get pissed st you and you can deny that you said anything wrong.

While technically accurate, it is the game you play over and over again on this board and then wonder why people lash out at you.

Again, you love it. You love the word games, you love the attention, you love jerking chains.

Just own it.
groupthink is a hell of a drug

Serious question, how should the coaches have done this in a way that would be acceptable? Everyone in the country saw that changes needed to happen. What should the coaches have done differently? They certainly couldn’t ignore the room… do you think the current QBs are surprised? Feeling hurt? Because I don’t… they know this is P5 football and they get how things work.
Bump for @king_kong_ , what should the coaches have done differently?

Reactions: headcard
"pics or it didn't happen"

RollingLaugh

are you saying our coaching staff have not been flying the pj around the country visiting portal QBs?

and, if so, what are your thoughts on that?

So now reports from recruiting services equals a public barnstorming tours And this is a giant slap on the face to our existing QB’s.

I am glad they are working to improve the biggest weakness on the team. I also think they have done it about as low key and respectfully as possible.

Bump for @king_kong_ , what should the coaches have done differently?
maybe everything. maybe nothing.

at the end of the day, this is what matters, and what I've said each and every time I've brought this up:

I'm very hopeful the staff did not set out on this public campaign without being fully transparent with the kids in the QB room currently and with Kaelin.

ignoring the feelings/thoughts this aggression (which I have also said is nice to see - an obvious statement) could generate does not seem like something Rhule would overlook.

This is insanity. People need to chill and let an 18 year old make up his mind then move on regardless of what he does. Nobody is “playing” us.
Are you referring to my post as insane? I'll sleep well either way however this plays out. But your take that we should all back off and let the kid make up his mind doesn't fit with this situation. You're acting as if the reports were that Dylan was only second guessing his decision. It was much more than that-- a 5 star QB top 3 recruit in the nation switching to NU. I think he's still coming to NU, but the conjecture about signing the top QB in the nation is a lot more sane than the weird ass off topic BS that gets posted on this board and at least it's on topic.

I am so sick of losing. I hate it more than anything.

but, I also understand there is zero pressure to win here.

so much so that I'm not even sure on-field results are what our athletic department measures success by.

it's a difficult thing to balance, and I really wish we had a check cashing day to celebrate.
Oh I think we have lot's a pressure to win here. The sell outs are a joke now and the fans are showing their displeasure with their wallets. The administration has made some big mistakes for years but I still think were trending to turn it around.

So now reports from recruiting services equals a public barnstorming tours And this is a giant slap on the face to our existing QB’s.

I am glad they are working to improve the biggest weakness on the team. I also think they have done it about as low key and respectfully as possible.
"reports from recruiting services" doesn't exactly do it justice.

here's a line from the OWH, one of many many many:

Meanwhile, the plane that Nebraska offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield used earlier in the week to check in on Michigan State quarterback Sam Leavitt, Baylor’s Blake Shapen and, most likely, Ohio State QB Kyle McCord flew to Pullman, Washington

again, I am in agreement that we need better players everywhere. and it's nice to see aggression from the staff - on social media, on national talk shows, in print, etc.

low key? not exactly.
respectfully? that's my hope, too.

Rhule's public call out of the dollars it takes to land good players earned a lot of respect and good will not just from me but from pundits (and hopefully players and coaches) who actually matter.

Oh I think we have lot's a pressure to win here. The sell outs are a joke now and the fans are showing their displeasure with their wallets. The administration has many some big mistakes for years but I still think we trending to turn it around.
I have to agree because I don’t think the previous staffs would have the balls to stay in the hunt for Raiola. They’d believe the media’s bull$hit that you can’t recruit elite talent to Nebraska.

Dude... that is the most asinine "think my shit don't stink" opinion I think you have ever posted. How if the **** do you know Nebraska and Syracuse were his only options. You basing that on Nebraska and Syracuse football status?

He left Ohio St and visited 2 schools. Nebraska and Syracuse. One clearly said you will be the starter guaranteed. The other said meh. Ohio St, who he won 11 games for wouldn’t make that guarantee. Teams may have been interested, but clearly no one better than Nebraska or Syracuse.

I have to agree because I don’t think the previous staffs would have the balls to stay in the hunt for Raiola. They’d believe the media’s bull$hit that you can’t recruit elite talent to Nebraska.
staying in the hunt for DR is exactly the kind of move you can afford when the pressure's off

here's hoping it works out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT