ADVERTISEMENT

Duggan to TCU. Nm

A lot of schools backed off and for a good reason - broke the thumb on his throwing hand, torn ligaments in the ankle, and broken fibula last season.

He should be fine.

giphy.gif

Sorry we did not get him. I don't know TCU's situation with regard to QB depth, but my guess is Duggan went where he thought he had the best chance of early playing time.

I live in Ft.Worth- just last year they signed the highest star recruit ever at QB (Justin Rogers out of Louisiana) and he is already on campus. So there’s competition for young Max

I live in Ft.Worth- just last year they signed the highest star recruit ever at QB (Justin Rogers out of Louisiana) and he is already on campus. So there’s competition for young Max

TCU doesn't run their QBs as much as Frost does. Given that he got banged up, maybe he didn't feel as comfortable. Who knows.

Reactions: baseball31ne
best of luck to the kid.

i want to say there are other fish in the sea, but we really need to fix the program.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I love a good Captain Obvious statement to start the day...What???4-8 ain't gonna cut it???:)

Just playin' with ya....

uh, nope.

it might be overly obvious, but there's no other way to cut it.

Good for him.

Good luck trying to get a top notch QB with basically 2 Freshmen top 150 QBs on the roster.

The old staff was able to land Gebbia the year after landing Patrick O'Brien.

The staff of the #1 scoring offense in the country should have their pick of QBs year in and year out. Especially if they have a good one right in their backyard. Maybe the staff wasn't that high on Duggan, but to me he looks better on film than most of the other QB prospects we've offered for 2019.

He completed 54% of his passes last season to go along with all of the injuries. Not exactly a program changing player at the QB spot. I'm not hating on the guy and not saying he isn't any good, but his highlight film makes him look better than he actually is.

McCaffrey completed 76% of his passes. Frost is a really smart coach and he obviously did his homework and didn't let recruiting rankings dictate how he approached the QB spot for this class. He also ran for 548 yards. Also caught 18 passes as a WR.

McCaffrey, while this year will be his first year as a starter because of the QBs that were older them him were all FBS Recruits themselves, is a better fit from an athletic standpoint.

TCU doesn't run their QBs as much as Frost does. Given that he got banged up, maybe he didn't feel as comfortable. Who knows.
Last season, UCF ran their QB's 125 times in 13 games which is an average of 9.6 per game. TCU ran their QB's 123 times in 14 games which is an average of 8.7 per game. Not really very much of a difference.

He completed 54% of his passes last season to go along with all of the injuries. Not exactly a program changing player at the QB spot. I'm not hating on the guy and not saying he isn't any good, but his highlight film makes him look better than he actually is.

McCaffrey completed 76% of his passes. Frost is a really smart coach and he obviously did his homework and didn't let recruiting rankings dictate how he approached the QB spot for this class. He also ran for 548 yards. Also caught 18 passes as a WR.

McCaffrey, while this year will be his first year as a starter because of the QBs that were older them him were all FBS Recruits themselves, is a better fit from an athletic standpoint.

His play on the field isnt what got him all of his exposure in my opinion. Its what he did in the numerous camps he went to since he was a Freshman. He was the #9 ranked pro style QB in the sophomore class from what I remember (when he was a sophomore obviously). The kid has talent. I dont think schools backed off until recently when he narrowed his schools down.

Reactions: SOHusker11
His play on the field isnt what got him all of his exposure in my opinion. Its what he did in the numerous camps he went to since he was a Freshman. He was the #9 ranked pro style QB in the sophomore class from what I remember (when he was a sophomore obviously). The kid has talent. I dont think schools backed off until recently when he narrowed his schools down.

I think the injuries and his performance played more of a role in schools backing off than him narrowing his list. He narrowed his list because many of the bigger suitors backed off or he didn't have a commitable offer.

ND came in with an offer after his Jr. season was over. Iowa probably started backing off when he didn't go to their preferred offer Jr. day. I don't recall but Im sure Meyer picked up recruiting towards the end of his season as well.

Edited to say that Meyer was at LC in late January as well as Frost being early February. I wouldn't say that is backing off due to injuries that happened 4 months before that. If they were backing off, they wouldn't have visited him (Meyer wouldn't have anyways) well after his injuries took place.

That is typically how it goes...young player with promise goes out to gain exposure through games and the recruiting servies rank them too early
ND came in with an offer after his Jr. season was over. Iowa probably started backing off when he didn't go to their preferred offer Jr. day. I don't recall but Im sure Meyer picked up recruiting towards the end of his season as well.

Edited to say that Meyer was at LC in late January as well as Frost being early February. I wouldn't say that is backing off due to injuries that happened 4 months before that. If they were backing off, they wouldn't have visited him (Meyer wouldn't have anyways) well after his injuries took place.

No point in trying to argue otherwise, man. Go and look at the offers those schools made after visiting his high school. They backed off.

Last season, UCF ran their QB's 125 times in 13 games which is an average of 9.6 per game. TCU ran their QB's 123 times in 14 games which is an average of 8.7 per game. Not really very much of a difference.

Boom roasted

Reactions: WHCSC
Can't say I blame the boy for going with a proven commodity that plays his style of offense. He has a lot of stiff competition at TCU however he is a coaches son and a superior athlete so I think he will relish the competition. Personally I am glad he didn't go the B1G route he is scary at QB to face.

I was hopeful we’d get him. But push comes to shove, I’d take Martinez over Duggan anyday of the week. So we got the better QB of the two in my opinion. I have a good feeling we are in on some more QBs this year, and we got Gebbia year before and Martinez last year, so I’m not to worried.

There was word that if Duggan didn’t pick Huskers that Grant Tisdale was a legit shot at QB for us. Maybe this guy will pick us. He’s from Texas if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: Bugeater
You realize Nebraska wasn’t even in his final 6 right? It was TCU minny OSU North Carolina ND and Penn state. So because a kid didn’t pick Nebraska it was because they didn’t want him backed off or didn’t have a commitable offer? Sometimes you just lose recruiting battles. Nobody backed off this kid. He visited OSU in March along with TCU Minny and Notre Dame sometime after that for the bonehead that said look at what the other schools did after visiting him at LC.

You realize Nebraska wasn’t even in his final 6 right? It was TCU minny OSU North Carolina ND and Penn state. So because a kid didn’t pick Nebraska it was because they didn’t want him backed off or didn’t have a commitable offer? Sometimes you just lose recruiting battles. Nobody backed off this kid. He visited OSU in March along with TCU Minny and Notre Dame sometime after that for the bonehead that said look at what the other schools did after visiting him at LC.

He went to most if not all of those visits on his own dime.

He went to most if not all of those visits on his own dime.[/QUOTE

So let me get this straight. You’re saying they allowed him to take an unofficial visit even though they weren’t interested in him? Nebraska was just being nice and a 4 Star qb wanted to visit but decided they had no interest in allowing him to come on his own dime? Right. When it came down to time to make a decision he had already eliminated Nebraska not the other way around. He was a take at all of his final 6 and Nebraska if he wanted in.

You misunderstand, I didn't say they weren't interested, I said he didn't have commitable offers from many of his top choices. Many of those schools had backed off and were recruiting other players at that position. Nebraska being one of them. If he was a priority to those other schools, he isn't deciding between TCU and Minnesota. He can list all the final 6's he wants, that doesn't mean those schools were ready to take his commitment on his time frame.

Of course the school is going to allow him to spend his own money to come to their campus. Why would they care?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT