ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t take the bait

Some will come away from this as a moral victory, but I just see more of the same. Penalties, special teams failures, poor decisions, etc… Same kind of loss, regardless of the opponent, ranking or stage. #changemymind
First game in forever I have been engaged until the whistle against a top rated team.

I don't give AF, it was nice to be in it and fun to watch.

Enjoy it for what it was.

Some will come away from this as a moral victory, but I just see more of the same. Penalties, special teams failures, poor decisions, etc… Same kind of loss, regardless of the opponent, ranking or stage. #changemymind
You're right. Don't take any positive for the team going forward in to B1G play. Good Lord. Your main goal now is to be sure Frost gets fired? That's pathetic.

We lost because of the same things we always lose because of. It’s very frustrating, maybe more frustrating, to lose a game like this because they showed they have the talent to hang on the road but the stupid always holds us back
Exactly! We have talent, but the lack of coaching is frankly breathtaking at times. We should have won that game, period. How many times have we said that in the past 10 years (and especially during the Frost era)?

You're right. Don't take any positive for the team going forward in to B1G play. Good Lord. Your main goal now is to be sure Frost gets fired? That's pathetic.
No one said there’s nothing positive. But the same things that cost us the Illinois game beat us today. And they’re all fixable but haven’t been fixed for 4 years. If we had played clean and OU beat us by 21 because they were better, I’d feel better than I do with us losing because we did a bunch of dumb shit again that held us back. Until Nebraska fixes Nebraska, we will never win anything of substance and I’m losing faith Scott can fix it. Today didn’t change that. We’ll never be so much better than everyone to overcome these things, so until we play smart, we won’t get where we want to ho

No such thing as a moral victory. We lost plain and simple. We lost this game because of poor O-line play and lack of basic Special Teams fundamentals. We never improve in those two areas so they will continue to lose more games this season.

The Offensive Staff deserves no credit whatsoever for coming close. Once again, it just wasn’t good enough and the Offense didn’t get it done. They had their chances.

Yes there were positives. But we lost a game, yet again, we probably should have won. It is frustrating as hell to see us lose another game because of special teams gaffes and penalties on the offensive line. It gets old and the excuses wear thin. If Frost knew how to coach special teams we would have won today. Oh… and we would have beaten Illinois. We would be 4-0 and ranked.

Take all of the positives you want, but don’t ignore what continue to plague this team. To deny that because we didn’t get blown out is pretty fascinating. I don’t have a ‘main goal’ other than to watch good football in Saturdays, no matter how we get there, with or without Frost.

Yes there were positives. But we lost a game, yet again, we probably should have won. It is frustrating as hell to see us lose another game because of special teams gaffes and penalties on the offensive line. It gets old and the excuses wear thin. If Frost knew how to coach special teams we would have won today. Oh… and we would have beaten Illinois. We would be 4-0 and ranked.
Yep. Same shit, different day.

Lost today in exactly the same manner we lost to Illinois.

With even average special teams play we are 3-1 or 4-0.

Except for the defense, nothing ever improves.

Any coach connected to this offense or ST in any manner should be gone.

Thank you!! Ask yourself this Husker fans. Would Pelini, Riley, Callahan and Solich still have a job in year 4 with these pathetic teams and records???? Win 6 or you're done!!

I agree. I'll add that the staff did a great job of getting the team motivated for this game. I have my doubts, but if we keep that same effort level up throughout the season, we will have a winning season. If the effort level goes back to what we saw in the Illinois game, we'll have a losing season.

So you figure out a way to hire a good full times special team coach.....Downing cough cough, and you can Verdu. OU made a special team blunder and they didn't have to deal with the crowd noise that caused our false starts. This was a great game. We played well but made a few too many mistakes. Damn. The whining is sickening.

YTcqtxsPYwcRbKSqdZHXXbytO7yJzK6uwev0lvrR1OmHJVNM8cZd75tolgZSBmj_KyKS46LL_CUM9Pxjx6lkmBTdpzD7HspCoIDAVVXy50YDApbLSP-Hn9sn_qmfa7TgBLpNRkkDINWWqJh2ou03HXyoRxiKZYy0cIU

Thank you!! Ask yourself this Husker fans. Would Pelini, Riley, Callahan and Solich still have a job in year 4 with these pathetic teams and records???? Win 6 or you're done!!
I'm with you on that. Tired of the excuse machine. There's the guy who bumps his pro-Amart thread in a loss. He's like, "See?! Amart doesn't suck so much." When did we start rooting for players and not for the team? There's no reason for a team with this much talent to play .375 ball for 4 straight years.

Last edited:
My recommendation, for what it's worth, is for Frost to give Lubeck the play calling duties, and take over the special teams.

So you figure out a way to hire a good full times special team coach.....Downing cough cough, and you can Verdu. OU made a special team blunder and they didn't have to deal with the crowd noise that caused our false starts. This was a great game. We played well but made a few too many mistakes. Damn. The whining is sickening.
Why is expecting 3+ years of the same to change considered whining? This team fought their asses off today and not one person is denying that. We are all here wanting this team to get better. Frost and company has the rest of this season to erase what ills the program. We forgive and forget quickly in Lincoln.

All those names mentioned had winning seasons too.
Not when you play to the level of your opponent and commit endless blunders and penalties. Does this team have the capability of beating those teams handily? Yes. But until they prove they can handily beat a P5, I’ll continue to be skeptical.

Reactions: TheBeav815
“We played well but made a few too many mistakes.” That could be the motto for this team for the past four years under Frost. At what point does it start to become obvious that those “mistakes” are the hallmark of a Frost coached team? And I don’t see people “whining.” I see good, solid, Husker fans who have simply seen enough of the “rinse, cycle, repeat” Frost teams. What gets sickening is the excuse making.

I agree. I'll add that the staff did a great job of getting the team motivated for this game. I have my doubts, but if we keep that same effort level up throughout the season, we will have a winning season. If the effort level goes back to what we saw in the Illinois game, we'll have a losing season.
This I completely agree with

We play in an extremely avg division in an extremely avg league. Play hard like this every week and we’ll be in the mix

I agree and disagree. I don't believe in moral victories. I do see a team that looks like it can compete with top 10 teams and finish the season with a winning record, however, especially if they clean up the BS.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have to agree. Exciting to watch, but once again, the result is a loss.

If there is one thing Nebraska has been good at under Frost, it's always having some completely ridiculous clownshoe moments and plays. Moments and plays that could easily be put on a college football-wide, post-season blooper reel.

Almost all over our games could be played to the tune of Benny Hill, and it would fit perfectly.

Why is expecting 3+ years of the same to change considered whining? This team fought their asses off today and not one person is denying that. We are all here wanting this team to get better. Frost and company has the rest of this season to erase what ills the program. We forgive and forget quickly in Lincoln.
I'm sorry but if you can't see progress being made then I can't help you. This team is getting better. The QB played well against the #3 team in the country. Special teams can be fixed. We're going to have hire somebody who can coach kickers. Downing..cough cough...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT