ADVERTISEMENT

Does Next Season Have Anything to Do With This Season?

Does Next Season Have Anything to Do With This Season?

• Yes, of course, it's why bowl practices and experience matter

• No, it's a brand new season and has nothing to do with '23

Results are only viewable after voting.
From what standpoint?

Like is the starting qb going this season going to be the same next season? Then no, not really.
the starting QB who's helping set the culture and foundation moving forward?

the starting QB who's 5-1 and a huge reason we are where we are?

the starting QB our coaching staff absolutely loves?

the starting QB who's going to absolutely be the day 1 starter next year and should be because he's earned it?

yes, he's included in the question as to whether or not next year has anything to do with this year.

curious what you think
For some it will but I imagine there will be 25-35 new players next year.

I think what will be really interesting is the new teams.

Washington will be way worse next year
USC is going to struggle
UCLA is never really all that special
Oregon will have a new QB

All the current Big Ten teams will be the same or worse.

NU will be in a nice spot.

the starting QB who's going to absolutely be the day 1 starter next year and should be because he's earned it?

yes, he's included in the question as to whether or not next year has anything to do with this year.
What qbs will be available in the portal?

What type of offense does this staff ultimately want to run?

None of that has anything to do with this season.

Also, I didn't read your response. I just assume it's full of things nobody is actually saying, but you've convinced yourself they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: EastOregonHusker
I think we don’t have as good of year next year due to schedule, graduation/ NFL Draft of key players.

What qbs will be available in the portal?

What type of offense will does this staff ultimately want to run?

None of that has anything to do with this season.

Also, I didn't read your response. I just assume it's full of things nobody is actually saying, but you've convinced yourself they are.
the vote is not looking good so far, johnathan

I think we don’t have as good of year next year due to schedule, graduation/ NFL Draft of key players.
Everyone on D should be back except for Luke.

No significant losses on offense

Scheduled will be harder but we will be more experienced.

Off-season and Bowl practices are going to be critical to help HH to improve. I’m sure the staff is more hopeful and focused on improving him then replacing him. Why wouldn’t they be?

Oh no, I hope that doesn't ruin my round of golf today.

Poor kong

Lofl.

Also, I voted yes to the very broad and generic poll question.
will you break 100?

or does your golf game suck as bad as your posting?

Off-season and Bowl practices are going to be critical to help HH to improve. I’m sure the staff is more hopeful and focused on improving him then replacing him. Why wouldn’t they be?
Q and Robinson are gone next year, and Reimer.

There will always be a surprise transfer or 2 out….example Hausman last year

post your scorecard when you finish like I did when you asked about my betting slip

i'm sure you're playing from the tips 😂
What would the score card prove?

I do not play the tips. Usually the 1 ups. Sometimes the combo 1 and 2 ups. Just a nice enjoyable round with buddies.

Reactions: king_kong_
The extra practices and the foundations of expectations help for 24. The returning players better understanding the system and philosophies help. More understanding allows for more options and adjustments to be made within games because they’ve been worked on in practice.

The new players in should be excited to get here and some of the players who won’t be back will be missed but some will make the team better by subtraction. It happens with every team where a few players gone allow others to get better and Improve.

Not sure if the record will be reflective of the betterment but I do think back to back bowls is likely for sure.

Yes we need a couple QB's from the portal. Iron sharpens iron and good competition will make HH better. Besides, we need good backups in case HH get hurt. Sims and Purdy clearly are not the answer.

What would the score card prove?

I do not play the tips. Usually the 1 ups. Sometimes the combo 1 and 2 ups. Just a nice enjoyable round with buddies.
I'm not asking you to prove anything.

I totally believe you're a mentally weak 15 who cannot close.

I'm looking out the window at 6" of snow, so enjoy the round!

I'm not asking you to prove anything.

I totally believe you're a mentally weak 15 who cannot close.

I'm looking out the window at 6" of snow, so enjoy the round!

Probably a 12.

You gotta be a real asshole to not enjoy a round of golf in 80 degree weather.

Relaxing Jon Glaser GIF by truTV

There will always be a surprise transfer or 2 out….example Hausman last year

I don’t agree with the handwringing over losing contributors to the portal. This is a great place to play and I can only think of two players we have lost over the years that we wanted to keep. One didn’t like how he was used (Wandale) and one was during a coaching change (Hausmann).

I don’t agree with the handwringing over losing contributors to the portal. This is a great place to play and I can only think of two players we have lost over the years that we wanted to keep. One didn’t like how he was used (Wandale) and one was during a coaching change (Hausmann).
Casey Rogers too. He went to Oregon. But I agree.

Your commitment to this bit is friggen admirable. You are relentless in this

Your poll is about the team as a whole and you immediately twist it into being about the QB. This TEAM is learning to win which does play into next season. I would hope we hit the portal for help at key positions of need, QB being towards the top. I love HH's fight each and everyday but we need better to compete at a higher level. HH carries a QB rating of 46.3. He's not a passer and his option football now that he actually pitches it, is out of sync. It's like his pitch is because he's told to. Can he learn, time will tell. I'm not ready to hitch my wagon to him, I want more.

Reactions: baseball31ne
This should merit a few derogatory remarks.

1. This team is proving it can beat the teams it is supposed to beat (even if they weren't picked to win).

2. On the flip side, this team didn't slow Michigan down and Colorado won handily. Minnesota was a big disappointment. Insert reasons here I am sure, new QB, yadda yadda yadda.

3. This team needs to move up a class and beat teams they aren't supposed to beat next year. Unfortunately, most everyone in the division is terrible this year. Wisconsin and Iowa will tell us more.

There is improvement but we have a long long ways to go.

Reactions: baseball31ne
HH keeps winning, he's probably going to start next year too.

We still need to get some more QB's on the roster and shuffle a couple of others out.

I’m having a lot of fun watching the team this year, but HH isn’t the typical QB that Rhule and Sat wanted. Similar to Armstrong vs TLee when MR was here. I love how Rhule adapts to what he has in the cupboard, but I guess I have a little nervousness around a drastic change in the Offense philosophy with a new QB, and then we take a step back. I realize im over thinking. But that transition is stuck in my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT