ADVERTISEMENT

Do Nebraska fans owe Scott Frost an apology?

It’s taken some time, but it’s clear that the 2022 Huskers will be a national player with the addition of coach whipple. I think Frost has successfully rebuild the program in his image.
I'm sorry that he lost all those games this season and during his tenure.

That’s right. And that’s why he would leave AM in no matter how poorly he was playing. So the last 4 years are really the fault of those fans. Btw, I was at that game and I didn’t boo so it’s not on me.
No it's not on you or the classy fans that didn't boo. It's on the many thousands that were classless and booed Scott Frost.

It’s taken some time, but it’s clear that the 2022 Huskers will be a national player with the addition of coach whipple. I think Frost has successfully rebuild the program in his image.
Do you come here for attention when the truck stop bathroom you man for the glory hole is closed?

Reactions: Baxter48
I don't share dingles concern.

For all the ills we throw upon coaches and ADs I do think enough of Frost and Albert's to know that they know they aren't riding and dieing with Whipple for 20 years. And I also don't think a total reconstruction of the offense is in order because they played the game they know a massive scheme change is a multi year deal.

I have said before that I do believe that Scott may being told he's got two years and not one but the AD hasnt leveled with the fans yet. If these coaches are the right hire even if we don't light the world on fire they should get Trev enough to say they get a second year. Minimally bowling is the target.

At which Whipple rides off after year 2 and Frost takes most of his staff into year three and national respect ideally.

Scotts offense and Whipple's share a common element in the screen game so I think we'll lean on that, and trying to have the QB be more of a distributor than a lead rusher. I don't think we'll see a full blown WCO. Whipple also is comfortable with the TE game and not having a bell cow RB, he can do it by committee.

Reactions: countrybob
I just looked at your schedule for next year and it looks like five wins if Frost and the first team stays home. Lets see how many games Frost manages to win over that Five.

Wonderful! Let's "win the press conference", "make a wow hire" or get a higher rated recruiting class! It's the modus operandi of 21st century Nebraska football and I'm sick of it.

The problem isn't his ability or his qualifications. It's the circumstances Nebraska and Scott Frost find themselves in. IF he comes in and tries to implement a WCO at Nebraska in one year, Frost is screwed. We saw how long it took Callahan to implement it. Everything we've been led to believe is that Frost is coaching for his job next season. I just think a dramatic change in your offense is a risky move for a guy already on thin ice. IF not for that, this looks like a great hire. We'll see how they approach it and if they can weld Frost's offense together with Whipple's. Watson did it so maybe it will work.

Eh.. a moderately competent offense wins 6 or 7 games last year. We had too many turnovers and bonehead plays for that even with the yardage we gained

It doesn't need to be perfect just less boneheaded.

You may be right. But what we had wasn't going to cut it either.

If they improve and this experiment goes say... 7-5 the second year of Whipple should be much better.

Happy? Not remotely. But flipping to a new coach was going to reset things and push it back 4 more years. So pick your poison.

Yeah! An apology is in order along with a raise and a contract extension.

Signed,

Scott Frost's mom.
yawn.

another loser, witless iowa fan who can't resist the pull of Nebraska Football.

cannot imagine how dull, monotonous and meaningless life as an iowa fan must be.

the poor, downtrodden, nosy neighbor who never leaves his house and never takes his eyes off ours.

no-office.gif

I think we should see how he does before we praise our crucify him. I personally don't know enough about any of the hires to lean either way. I like these MJ hire. Everything else I have no clue.

If I'm gonna criticize him it will be because of the shitty job he's done in his first four years here. That imo is fair criticism.

Holla

I’ll say it again.

Yes, Scott Frost is a bad coach, but…

…yeah, he’s just a bad coach.

I guess if $20 MM for 15 wins in 4 years isn't enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT