ADVERTISEMENT

Dixon is N!!

giphy.gif

Sorry to be lazy, but what position is he? A JUCO or freshman to be?

He was a freshman LB at Ole Miss last year. Ole Miss players are able to transfer without having to sit out due to the sanctions the NCAA placed on the school. I believe he was a 4 star LB and true freshman last year.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Sorry to be lazy, but what position is he? A JUCO or freshman to be?
Transfer from Old Miss. Would be a sophomore but might have to sit a year (redshirt) because of transfer rules. Mississippi on NCAA probation and has a bowl ban for next year and wants to use that as leverage for not having to sit out a year.

He was an absolute stud in high school. Not sure why he didn't play much last year considering how awful Ole Miss was on defense. But I love getting a highly-ranked kid from Atlanta. Lots of talent in that area. Former Husker Eric Johnson has a training facility there, sounds like he's been pretty helpful with helping us recruit the area.

Last edited:
He was a freshman LB at Ole Miss last year. Ole Miss players are able to transfer without having to sit out due to the sanctions the NCAA placed on the school. I believe he was a 4 star LB and true freshman last year.

That is ONLY true for those players who would miss out on a Bowl game for the remainder of their careers
Since the sanctions against Ole Miss expire in 2019- the present ruling is that only rising SENIORS can leave Ole Miss and play right away. This player will have to sit the 2018 season out.

That is ONLY true for those players who would miss out on a Bowl game
Since the sanctions against Ole Miss expire in 2019- the present ruling is that only rising SENIORS can leave Ole Miss and play right away. This player will have to sit the 2018 season out.

Dang! I thought all of the Ole Miss transfers could play right away. Good to know.

That is ONLY true for those players who would miss out on a Bowl game

We’ll have to see. Michigan is trying real hard to get Patterson eligible for next year which may help us with Dixon.

Maybe I would rather play Michigan w/o Patterson and have to wait a year on Dixon

Last edited:
Recruiting is feeling so different.

We went from a staff that didn’t seem to get a lot of high rated recruit visits

To a staff that got those visits but couldn’t close them

To a staff that seems to close well even in a transition year.

We’ll have to see. Michigan is trying real hard to get Patterson eligible for next year which may help us with Dixon.

Maybe I would rather play Michigan w/o Patterson and have to wait a year on Dixon

patterson is a good but not great player at this point. i personally thought the kid that took over for ole miss at qb was better, who interestingly enough, is another kid from Hawaii.

Recruiting is feeling so different.

We went from a staff that didn’t seem to get a lot of high rated recruit visits

To a staff that got those visits but couldn’t close them

To a staff that seems to close well even in a transition year.

kids prefer to play for proven winners. who would have thought it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT