ADVERTISEMENT

Division Championships will be decided next Saturday

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Pretty safe to say that the winner of Indiana at Ohio St will win the East and the winner Northwestern at Wisconsin will win the West..

Indiana and Wisconsin still have to play each other in December which might effect the loser of that game..

Everyone else is playing for 3rd place in their divisions in this shorten season...

Wisconsin could potentially be disqualified by COVID if one more game gets cancelled. Very real possibility in this environment.

Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana and Iowa..One of these 4 would have to cancel for that to happen to them...

Dirk tweeted that what if northwestern had an outbreak and had to cancel. They’d win the division due to Wisconsin not having enough games.

wouldnt it be ironic.
They don't need a covid outbreak to cancel.

When Wisconsin cancelled our game they were still clear to play per league protocols.

The only thing they need to cancel, per the league, and per the precedent Wisconsin set, is to feel that they need to cancel.

There are no criteria.

You can cancel this season if, say, your team is missing key players.

Which is probably exactly what Barry would do if the situations were reversed. Cute a public safety concern and lock up the division.

Last edited:
Pretty safe to say that the winner of Indiana at Ohio St will win the East and the winner Northwestern at Wisconsin will win the West..

Indiana and Wisconsin still have to play each other in December which might effect the loser of that game..

Everyone else is playing for 3rd place in their divisions in this shorten season...
Unless Covis-19 gets in the way it is going to be Ohio State vs. Wisconsin IMO for the championship. Ohio State likely for the win in the championship game. Must be nice to have QB's like Fields and Mertz. We can only wish we were so fortunate.

We can only hope. They looked really good last night. Mertz is the real deal.
Wisconsin is solid but a really bad Michigan team made them look NFL caliber.

Michigan is the worst team in the BIG-10 next to Illinois. Crazy to think that Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan are this bad.

If an opponent of OSU or Wisconsin can’t play, the B1G will just cancel another game to create an opponent for them. Maybe they would take another home game away from us so we could play a game in Madison.
Exactly! If you were a software developer, code for Wisconsin would look something like this...

{
if (Wisconsin < Full-Strength)
cancel.game
}
{
if (Wisconsin < Num-games-need-B10-CG)
enact.barry.protocols
}

December 19
1W vs 1E
2W vs 2E
3W vs 3E
4W vs 4E
5 W vs 5E
6 W vs 6E Who ever loses this game will be the worst team in the conference..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Not so fast my friend.... if OSU wins, I’d say you’re correct. If Indiana pulls the upset, they could easily lose to Maryland and Wisconsin.

If NW wins, they aren’t losing two more games so you’re correct there. If Wisconsin wins, they could lose to Indiana and outside shot of losing to Iowa.

So what's to stop IU from getting a few scout team players "sick" this week and not playing?

If they then run the table after that, they finish 7-0 and OSU is 6-0.

Looking at the tiebreakers for this season, it's all based on winning percentages which would be the same, until it's literally an actual coin flip to get to the title game.

Now, being that it's the B1G, OSU will get to call heads and tails, so we know what would happen, but if you're IU, a hypothetical 50% chance sounds pretty good to me...

Not so fast my friend.... if OSU wins, I’d say you’re correct. If Indiana pulls the upset, they could easily lose to Maryland and Wisconsin.

If NW wins, they aren’t losing two more games so you’re correct there. If Wisconsin wins, they could lose to Indiana and outside shot of losing to Iowa.

If Indiana lost twice then Ohio St would still win so I’m correct..

The other scenario NW would win the division with Wisky losing twice.

I’m correct on both accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT