ADVERTISEMENT

Did the first TD have a missed call on 24?

It’s a run play, plus it’s only lineman during a pass play that can’t block past the los. TE and WRs can block on any kind of play if they’re an illegible receiver.

Last edited:
It’s a run play, plus it’s only lineman during a pass play that can’t block past the los. TE and WRs can block on any kind of play if they’re an illegible receiver.
It was a pass to Kemp. Why no offensive PI or pick play? The defender (a db/lb) was blocked on a pass play past the LOS by an offensive TE/WR.

It was a pass to Kemp. Why no offensive PI or pick play? The defender (a db/lb) was blocked on a pass play past the LOS by an offensive TE/WR.
I told you, there was no call because it was not illegal. It was not a pick play because he didn't stop. He was running to a spot and the NIU guy was also running to a spot. They ran into each other.

Yeah fidone definitely got away with one there. I'm sure stripes will be looking at/for that in the future

Yeah fidone definitely got away with one there. I'm sure stripes will be looking at/for that in the future
Reading SSO, he specifically stated Fidone was legal on the play because it was behind the LOS. I haven’t rewatched it, but I am pretty sure I trust him on this one.

Reading SSO, he specifically stated Fidone was legal on the play because it was behind the LOS. I haven’t rewatched it, but I am pretty sure I trust him on this one.
No. Unless we're not talking about the same play. OP said first TD which was to Kemp. Line of scrimmage was the 10 yd line. Kemp caught the ball on the 8. Clearly passed the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: timnsun and OzzyLvr
HH was behind the LOS but Kemp and Fidone were both beyond the LOS. This was a missed call by the officials. Should have been a penalty. SSO is incorrect on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT