ADVERTISEMENT

Did the bad calls even out?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
I listen to the radio and davison complained most of the broadcast about the calls...

No, the calls were very lopsided in favor of Nebraska.

Iowa definitely deserved those unsportsmanlike conduct penalties but the:

Running into the kicker penalty?? No way
Missed facemask call on our RB? Wow..
Overturned catch by our WR near the end??
Terrible, easily a completion per Dean Blandino and anyone with eyes.

ONE that Iowa did benefit from was the "blind side" block... terrible call.

What the hell were the ref's doing out there today??

ok so thats 1 indifferent NU fan, 1 NU fan who thought we got the better of the bad calls and 2 hawk-eyed fans agreeing...

it just bugged me cause davison was complaining about a call 3 plays before....and Im like come on...they ain't gonna change the call 3 plays back because you complain about it on the radio...move on

The running into the kicker was weak. I’ll give you that but you should no dam well as a defender you don’t get into that situation. You stay the hell away.

The refs missed a big hold on one of your TDs. There are multiple pictures of it on here.

And the bad missed call on the catch
A) shouldn’t have even been a favor. If it weren’t for the bad blind sided block. Your not even in that position without that call
B) wish they’d have given it to you in hindsight. We had Time outs still. We would have had a chance to maybe get the ball back then. So that one actually worked out for you all in hindsight

But I will say the B1G refs are awful. Bad calls across the board and I can see how Iowa fans think the refs screwed them

The running into the kicker was weak. I’ll give you that but you should no dam well as a defender you don’t get into that situation. You stay the hell away.

The refs missed a big hold on one of your TDs. There are multiple pictures of it on here.

A) shouldn’t have even been a favor. If it weren’t for the bad blind sided block. Your not even in that position without that call
B) wish they’d have given it to you in hindsight. We had Time outs still. We would have had a chance to maybe get the ball back then. So that one actually worked out for you all in hindsight

But I will say the B1G refs are awful. Bad calls across the board and I can see how Iowa fans think the refs screwed them
Good post. Terrible calls throughout.

There were plenty each way. There was a lot of missed holding on Iowa’s end. It evened out but don’t act like each team didn’t get killed with bad calls. Blaming officials is loser talk.

So it wasn't a blind side block? Might want to read the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT