ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco's 3-4 D Secondary

TreedHusker

Junior
Dec 1, 2014
As a Steelers fan I was pretty intrigued by the Huskers switch to the 3-4. When you have the right personnel and the right coaches, you can be pretty creative and disruptive. However, watching the pathetic game last night reminded me that even with the switch to the 3-4, if you have no pressure on the QB you can still get picked apart in the secondary. The Steelers seem to be adamant that "we play a 3-4 D with zone coverage on the back end and that is that." Very little nickle package and all zone coverage against those speedy WRs and continued to get dismantled by Giselle's husband.

When I hear the radio guys and media talk about the new 3-4 look, its always focused on the front 7, naturally. But does anyone have any insight on what we could see from the secondary with Diaco (or DW), more of a zone or man-to-man lean? I seem to remember that being a big topic of discussion when HCMR and Banker took over because it was a complete shift in secondary philosophy from the previous staff. I'm curious what impact the new system will have on secondary play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News