ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis LeBlanc

Excellent choice. He is a very high character guy that knows the Athletic Dept. inside out. Most importantly the coaches throughout UNL have the utmost of respect for him. Now we just need the Board of Regents, the Governor and the state legislature to get their act together.

200w.gif

Any relation?

I hope this guy does well and proves we don’t need Trev.
I said in an earlier post that I don’t care that Trev quit. No big deal. And I still kind of feel that way. But the more I ponder this the more it pisses me off. If Trev quit because the Regents are taking too long to pick a President then I think he can go f$ck himself. Because if he loves NU as much as he said he does then you use the lack of leadership at the top as your motivation for sticking around in order to help the institution you claim to love. You don’t say, “F$ck this place, I am out of here” at the first sign of trouble.

I think he lied to us. I don’t think he loves NU. If he did he would stay. His actions indicate that this has always just been about him. I think he went to A&M because he wants to pad his resume even more with an eye toward becoming something even bigger. Like a conference commissioner. I think he got an offer from A&M and he ran with it as fast as he could because he is a ladder climber pure and simple and felt he had reached his ceiling at NU.
Good riddance.

I wonder if he’s trying to outrun the Women’s bball drama. Would he be concerned he’d get canned over that?

Well will Amy Williams be fired over this case?

I’d put money on all this will be settled out of court.
Will the $come from university budget which is 58 million in the red or the athletic budget that is in the black and wants 450 million for stadium renovation? Maybe that's the potential p***ing match 🤔

Reactions: scarletred
Will the $come from university budget which is 58 million in the red or the athletic budget that is in the black and wants 450 million for stadium renovation? Maybe that's the potential p***ing match 🤔
Interesting point I hadn't thought of. One would think even if the university budget had to pony up to pay the BB player off, the athletic dept could shunt money over to make up for it,

Interesting point I hadn't thought of. One would think even if the university budget had to pony up to pay the BB player off, the athletic dept could shunt money over to make up for it,
And that could be potentially the "lack of leadership " and support. Getting hung out to dry without a boss and then potentially being told "you're on your own ". I'm spit balling here obviously but just throwing out hypothetical. Something severely changed since Nov. What was that change 🤔

And that could be potentially the "lack of leadership " and support. Getting hung out to dry without a boss and then potentially being told "you're on your own ". I'm spit balling here obviously but just throwing out hypothetical. Something severely changed since Nov. What was that change 🤔
Could be. But from the interview he gave to the OWH and his recent tweets it appears more and more he had a tantrum about something due to his ego and decided to "follow his head rather than his heart". Just the way he handled it, making the decision in the middle of the day, sending a terse email to the department, not having any face time with coaches makes me think he might have had a breakdown of sorts that really didn't have much to do with reasons rather than buckling under constant pressure. If so, going to ATM isn't going to make it better.

Reactions: drubendall
I find it really hard to believe he left over a Women's basketball issue. I don't believe anyone outside of Iowa cares about Women's bball. Do they still use a smaller ball?

IMO, everyone is reading too much into it. To me, its' pretty simple -- money, money, money. Trev isn't going to release a statement to say this is about money. But, its always about money. Complain about loyalty all you want, but just like most coaches, and now players, ready and willing to jump ship at the drop of a hat for more money, if they are adding another million plus to what he gets at UNL, then it isn't that hard to figure out. AtM may have said, here is the offer and you have one hour to get back to us. They may have wanted to avoid giving UNL time to bid against them. I don't think his statement means anything other than a way to give an explanation why he took the job instead of saying, hey, I'm going to make a million dollars a year more there (and its a lot warmer attending those November tailgates). For all I know, AtM's publicity people may have written the statement for him.

Like there is always and forever and endless supply of money? That thinking is what has placed this country where it is right now. Just a few million and a few million there.

I hope this guy does well and proves we don’t need Trev.
I said in an earlier post that I don’t care that Trev quit. No big deal. And I still kind of feel that way. But the more I ponder this the more it pisses me off. If Trev quit because the Regents are taking too long to pick a President then I think he can go f$ck himself. Because if he loves NU as much as he said he does then you use the lack of leadership at the top as your motivation for sticking around in order to help the institution you claim to love. You don’t say, “F$ck this place, I am out of here” at the first sign of trouble.

I think he lied to us. I don’t think he loves NU. If he did he would stay. His actions indicate that this has always just been about him. I think he went to A&M because he wants to pad his resume even more with an eye toward becoming something even bigger. Like a conference commissioner. I think he got an offer from A&M and he ran with it as fast as he could because he is a ladder climber pure and simple and felt he had reached his ceiling at NU.
Good riddance.
I thought moving the AD under the system President was a terrible idea at the time and continuing that setup after the two pals who promoted it (Carter and Trev) are both gone is perhaps Trev’s worst legacy. The political hacks on Holdrege directly running the football program may have kept Carter and Trev happy but how is that working out barely a year later? Watching the Governor and Regents fight may be great political sport but hardly good for the campus athletic program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT