ADVERTISEMENT

Denim Dawson Enters Portal

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
great news about these transfers is fred has an unassailable record of being able to bring high-level players to Nebraska who are ready to immediately contribute

and we never wanted these guys in the first place

• Angry
Reactions: huskerfan66
Not sure what happened. Seemed like strong defender, good rebounder, not much of a scorer. Was really hoping he would stick around.

He was clearly thrown in the dog house mid season by Fred. I have no idea why. Maybe little Hoiberg outplayed him. He was a good, active defender and a phenomenal athlete who could drive. He could’ve got a LOT better as he grew older and with the right coaching, he still should. This is a shitty loss of a solid young base of a player and another example of what college sports are now. Especially this team, just dip in the transfer portal yet again. No one stays. I think we have 2 real guys left on this team who redshirted last season who haven’t transferred yet.

This is just tiresome and takes so much feeling out of the game for getting to know any players as they grow through the ranks of the program. I think we have more turnover than the average NBA team every year. Zero continuity.

He was clearly thrown in the dog house mid season by Fred. I have no idea why. Maybe little Hoiberg outplayed him. He was a good, active defender and a phenomenal athlete who could drive. He could’ve got a LOT better as he grew older and with the right coaching, he still should. This is a shitty loss of a solid young base of a player and another example of what college sports are now. Especially this team, just dip in the transfer portal yet again. No one stays. I think we have 2 real guys left on this team who redshirted last season who haven’t transferred yet.

This is just tiresome and takes so much feeling out of the game for getting to know any players as they grow through the ranks of the program. I think we have more turnover than the average NBA team every year. Zero continuity.

I would suggest you get used to this. Seriously. Players don’t stick around anymore. I hate it too. But it’s the nature and culture of collegiate athletics now.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I would suggest you get used to this. Seriously. Players don’t stick around anymore. I hate it too. But it’s the nature and culture of collegiate athletics now.
I’m old enough to remember the clamoring for these transfer rules, and thinking Nebraska would be at the forefront of NIL.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m old enough to remember the clamoring for these transfer rules, and thinking Nebraska would be at the forefront of NIL.
This is not really a huge loss and he is not leaving to go get some 6 figure deal. He is doing what a lot of college kids do, looking around. Also, NU could be really bad next year.

Of his original ‘ offer’ list schools,2, TCU and UCSB are in the dance and 1, Virginia Tech is in the NIT. Could be others also.
Maybe he feels no matter how hard he works, he’ll never reach the post season as long as he stays a Husker.

This is not really a huge loss and he is not leaving to go get some 6 figure deal. He is doing what a lot of college kids do, looking around. Also, NU could be really bad next year.
He would’ve got a big bump in responsibility next season. He should’ve traded minutes with Wilcher this whole season and you would’ve seen him improve even more than he did from the beginning. Who knows the real reason but this is not a small loss as it is both a concerning trend of Fred’s and a good young player lost, again.

Oh well, back to the portal so we have a brand new team next year that kind of figures things out halfway through the season to finish 92nd in the NET again. Exciting stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgbreis

Ditto. I saw a guy who we should've worked day and night for the next 8 months on improving his shot, because he had a lot of everything else you look for. Sucks.

This isn't on Fred, this is how college sports works now.
oh, I know

I'm so glad we have a coach who understands this & can replace the players who inevitably leave with talented newcomers ready to produce immediately

Reactions: mgbreis
oh, I know

I'm so glad we have a coach who understands this & can replace the players who inevitably leave with talented newcomers ready to produce immediately
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

oh, I know

Can’t tell if being sarcastic. Talented newcomers? This “unassailable record” has no post season bids in 4 years. The first 3 being the worst in Nebraska’s entire less than average history. This year being by far the worst B1G he’s had to face. Wether he’s actually bringing in “talented” players or not. (That’s debatable) It’s not even close to working.

I don’t know the average number of transfers out of a a college ball team, but I’m willing to bet Fred’s teams are higher, and he loses more games. If this is indeed any kind of winning formula, you’ve gotta be FAR better at it than Fred is.

Can’t tell if being sarcastic. Talented newcomers? This “unassailable record” has no post season bids in 4 years. The first 3 being the worst in Nebraska’s entire less than average history. This year being by far the worst B1G he’s had to face. Wether he’s actually bringing in “talented” players or not. (That’s debatable) It’s not even close to working.

I don’t know the average number of transfers out of a a college ball team, but I’m willing to bet Fred’s teams are higher, and he loses more games. If this is indeed any kind of winning formula, you’ve gotta be FAR better at it than Fred is.
I'm not sure how much thicker I can lay it on, fella

Reactions: Walleye79
Opens another spot for better a transfer? I sure hope Fred’s bag man is getting busy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT