ADVERTISEMENT

Demond Demus

cmblizz96

Walk On
Jun 19, 2001
Looks like some immediate help.might be coming at receiver next year from juco. Hopefully his legal problems are in his past.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
He hasn't signed yet....we have a good shot but crystal balls were put because we are currently his only offer

Reactions: cmblizz96
Looks like some immediate help.might be coming at receiver next year from juco. Hopefully his legal problems are in his past.
I don't have a problem giving him a chance but honestly I don't count on these gambles. Seems like those highly rated recruits that transfer because they had a problem at a previous school usually are busts.

I don't have a problem giving him a chance but honestly I don't count on these gambles. Seems like those highly rated recruits that transfer because they had a problem at a previous school usually are busts.
I can’t remember the last one that actually worked out for us.

Reactions: solarpanels
Meh. Pass. I agree with those on here who say these kinds of offers rarely work out for us.
At the same time I somehow trust these coaches to get a higher percentage of hits out of these types of offers. They seem both more vigilant and mature than past staffs and haven’t hesitated to give the quick boot when needed.

Bring him in, he's get zero slack, and have a backup plan ready. Not necessarily this guy but we need some thugs.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
Bring him in, he's get zero slack, and have a backup plan ready. Not necessarily this guy but we need some thugs.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

At the same time I somehow trust these coaches to get a higher percentage of hits out of these types of offers. They seem both more vigilant and mature than past staffs and haven’t hesitated to give the quick boot when needed.
When needed? Like when they are arrested for their second felony?

When needed? Like when they are arrested for their second felony?
Someone said the charges were dropped so he’s not actually a felon, right? In these situations we should expect Rhule (with Trev’s help) will do the due diligence on things like this.

Edit: I’m assuming the staff has looked into all this and thus the offer. I don’t pretend to know.

Bring him in with the shortest of leashes. Assuming the school signs off on it. 🤷‍♂️

I’m of this thinking. Don’t have a lot a faith in jucos, but I’m also in favor of giving a young kid with rare talent a second chance. Give him a one strike you’re out policy, if he fvcks up, cut him and move on.

I wonder what’s holding him back from committing if we’re his only offer due to his past legal problems. Is he waiting for something better?

I wonder what’s holding him back from committing if we’re his only offer due to his past legal problems. Is he waiting for something better?

Perhaps or maybe he is just waiting for other offers in general. Picking from 1 isn’t actually making a choice of schools.

He had 15 grabs as a RS freshman at aTm. He was a 5 star player. Nebraska is a nice offer but let’s not pretend that there are not better offers for a 5 star talent out of Texas.

Reactions: NikkiSixx and WHCSC
This dude has been nothing but problems for years. It is possible that humans can change but I doubt that is the case with this guy. He has had multiple chances in the past and has blown them all.

This dude has been nothing but problems for years. It is possible that humans can change but I doubt that is the case with this guy. He has had multiple chances in the past and has blown them all.
And if he blows the next one then he probably won't get another. If he comes in and plays like a 5 star then you get the unexpected. Low risk, high reward.

This is my thoughts. If guy hits then great u have a 5 star talent. If he effs up he gets the boot and u move on. Sometimes the risk is worth the reward. No clue on this kid but SOMETIMES it's worth it

Holla

This guy has the “do not touch” vibe.

One time, even drag them down a couple flights of stairs, but two times?

This guy hurts girls.
We should not want this.

Let the thugs we need commit their first felony here for goodness sakes.

I’m of this thinking. Don’t have a lot a faith in jucos, but I’m also in favor of giving a young kid with rare talent a second chance. Give him a one strike you’re out policy, if he fvcks up, cut him and move on.
Is that pretty offensive to say? Only the kid with "rare talent" is given a second chance/grace? The rest of us average and below are just out of luck aren't we?

This guy has the “do not touch” vibe.

One time, even drag them down a couple flights of stairs, but two times?

This guy hurts girls.
We should not want this.

Let the thugs we need commit their first felony here for goodness sakes.
Unfortunately, in 2023 you have to cut thugs who commit their first felony here. The second and third chances are always somewhere else.

In 2023, Christian Peter, Lawrence Phillips and others would have been forced to leave as soon as they were accused, let alone convicted of anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT