ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional Players

Huskers_Rule

All-American
Jul 11, 2001
I understand being confident but so many players are just delusional. Latest example Chief Borders.

Former Husker Jack linebacker Chief Borders announced his transfer to Pittsburgh on May 12. Borders, who had nine tackles last season for NU, transferred out of the program just days after the 2024 spring game in late April.
Borders began his career at Florida before spending one season in Lincoln. He told On3 that he chose Pitt, coached by Pat Narduzzi, as part of a “business decision.” The defense, Borders said, would mold itself around his talents.

“The Heisman is a trophy I’ve been dreaming about in all of my football years,” Borders said to On3. “I believe they can give me the best shot in making it a reality.”

I recall Josiah Allick talking in the preseason thinking he had an NBA career in front of him.

So he thinks he’s gonna be the 1st linebacker in the history of CFB to win the Heisman trophy? Good riddance, we don’t want or need iowa level stupid on this team. Anyone that stupid is better off anywhere but here.

I’m guessing Narducci just kept shaking his head up and down when Chief asked him if he could win the Heisman if he played for Pitt. Good luck!

Only one college LB was worthy of a Heisman.
554b28468124b008041c6f72fa682a0a.jpg

I understand being confident but so many players are just delusional. Latest example Chief Borders.

Former Husker Jack linebacker Chief Borders announced his transfer to Pittsburgh on May 12. Borders, who had nine tackles last season for NU, transferred out of the program just days after the 2024 spring game in late April.
Borders began his career at Florida before spending one season in Lincoln. He told On3 that he chose Pitt, coached by Pat Narduzzi, as part of a “business decision.” The defense, Borders said, would mold itself around his talents.

“The Heisman is a trophy I’ve been dreaming about in all of my football years,” Borders said to On3. “I believe they can give me the best shot in making it a reality.”

I recall Josiah Allick talking in the preseason thinking he had an NBA career in front of him.

Season 1 What GIF by Nanalan'
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

personally, I prefer my football players to publicly state their goals of maybe becoming an Honorable Mention All-Conference performer prior to heading into the workforce

• Haha
Reactions: 90sman

Yeah i'm w/Kong on this one. No probs with a little cocky and challenging yourself and putting it out there.

...and to Borders, Go get em tiger.
This is not being cocky or challenging himself. Like the thread headline states he is delusional. He has been in college for 3 years never started a game has about 20 tackles in those years but he going to win the Hiesman at a position that’s never had a winner .i wish the young man luck hopefully he has a good year at Pittsburgh.

Nothing like a young man with minimal success striving for an individual goal. Lol.

I mean... even if he runs his mouth about a crazy goal, he should at least make it a team goal - Like... I want to win a national championship at PITT. Both have zero shot, but it at least doesn't sound like a rogue player mindset.

Reactions: huskerj12
The last defensive player deserving of a heisman was Suh at Nebraska. Dude thinks he’s even remotely in that universe of dominance!?
Even Hugh Green who was a stud at DE, finished maybe in the top 5 in Heisman voting for Pitt a long time ago, but not Chief who won't make any All American teams. Good LB's make 9 tackles a game, not a season. That might be the most delusional thing I've ever heard a part-time player make in public.

When I hear Fidone talk about winning the Maxwell, at least, it has the ring of "possibly" before he's done at NU.

That might be the most delusional thing I've ever heard a part-time player make in public.
Hahaha yeah in the grand scheme of things I don't care about this quote and will forget about it by tomorrow, but it is a hilariously crazy thing to say.

Reactions: 90sman
So he thinks he’s gonna be the 1st linebacker in the history of CFB to win the Heisman trophy? Good riddance, we don’t want or need iowa level stupid on this team. Anyone that stupid is better off anywhere but here.
Are they promising him a TE position? Still virtually impossible to win the Heisman at that position.

Where is the link to the article or podcast or whatever there is that proves he said the Heisman crap?

I wonder which one of his 9 tackles got him thinking Heisman.

I have personally seen a lot of "delusional" kids at both the HS and small college levels. I know a few coaches at the CC and small college level and several HS coaches. At my first principal job I was told the coaches son was being "heavily" recruited by KU as a QB. So I was expecting to really see an athlete when fall sports rolled around. It was all an illusion created by dad the coach and media/film/ fake stats hype.

A friend (starting to sound like dingle) was an NAIA All American BB player and is well connected to his alma mater Kansas Wesleyan. He was in the motivational speaking business at one time and still spends considerable time with the current team. It is amazing how many of these NAIA kids are sure there are NBA scouts watching them play and expect to get drafted. It totally drives my friend nuts when they start talking like that. At that level play for the fun of the game.

Lots of HS kids over the years have inflated expectations of where they go play whatever sport at their chosen school. Had a great kid at HS as a student who wanted to wrestle at Stanford but couldn't quite get the ACT they wanted. He went to a power house CC program and of all places, ended up at Nebraska. This was many years ago. He, at least adapted his dream and did well. Great kid

Reactions: huskerfan66
Nothing like a young man with minimal success striving for an individual goal. Lol.

I mean... even if he runs his mouth about a crazy goal, he should at least make it a team goal - Like... I want to win a national championship at PITT. Both have zero shot, but it at least doesn't sound like a rogue player mindset.
Exactly. So how do you think he will be accepted in Pittsburgh by his new teammates. This is a kid who is on his 3rd school., had 10 total tackles for a 5-7 team without a start. Now when he transfers he says in an interview that the defense will be molded around his talent so he can win an individual award. Good luck Chief!

I
I have personally seen a lot of "delusional" kids at both the HS and small college levels. I know a few coaches at the CC and small college level and several HS coaches. At my first principal job I was told the coaches son was being "heavily" recruited by KU as a QB. So I was expecting to really see an athlete when fall sports rolled around. It was all an illusion created by dad the coach and media/film/ fake stats hype.

A friend (starting to sound like dingle) was an NAIA All American BB player and is well connected to his alma mater Kansas Wesleyan. He was in the motivational speaking business at one time and still spends considerable time with the current team. It is amazing how many of these NAIA kids are sure there are NBA scouts watching them play and expect to get drafted. It totally drives my friend nuts when they start talking like that. At that level play for the fun of the game.

Lots of HS kids over the years have inflated expectations of where they go play whatever sport at their chosen school. Had a great kid at HS as a student who wanted to wrestle at Stanford but couldn't quite get the ACT they wanted. He went to a power house CC program and of all places, ended up at Nebraska. This was many years ago. He, at least adapted his dream and did well. Great kid
I think it's mostly internet, specifically social media, driven. Even my own kids will tell me something and I tell them wtf. They say they watched a YouTube video, it's not that hard.

Exactly. So how do you think he will be accepted in Pittsburgh by his new teammates. This is a kid who is on his 3rd school., had 10 total tackles for a 5-7 team without a start. Now when he transfers he says in an interview that the defense will be molded around his talent so he can win an individual award. Good luck Chief!
That’s the thing. Guys like him transfer because they think they’re going to a place where it will be easier. They end up finding out that there’s some talent here too, and he has not been able to rise above it. Must be the system they say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT