ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders

My source said contact has been made and there is mutual interest from both sides. I bet my source is better than your source.
Good grief, been all over twitter since Carricker mentioned it. Just one vast echo chamber of everyone repeating the same thing.

Tim Brewster is Neon's TE coach.
His DC is Dennis Thurman, a former DC for the Jets and the Bills, and a DB coach for Southern Cal back in the '90s. Sanders got to know him with the Ravens, when Thurman was the DB coach.
The OC is a young air-raid guy, so ...

Good grief, been all over twitter since Carricker mentioned it. Just one vast echo chamber of everyone repeating the same thing.

Yeah, except I heard that on Sunday and the Carriker thing dropped on Wednesday...then this on Friday. Interesting timeline at a minimum. Maybe it's just "deion week" as others have indicated (which is pretty funny). But there's been more smoke to this one than anything else I've seen.

As much as Sanders would create some positive buzz for Nebraska by the fan base and media I just have a hard time seeing the University hiring a flashy personality like Sanders. Somebody is going to hire Dion but I doubt it's Nebraska as much as I think it would be a positive move in my opinion.

Desmond Howard just said on Gameday it is is not Prime, but Matt Rhule will be next coach. Does he know anything. I doubt it
I wouldn't be doing cartwheels over this but also feel we could do a lot worse

Reactions: jteten
Desmond Howard just said on Gameday it is is not Prime, but Matt Rhule will be next coach. Does he know anything. I doubt it
That is his guess too..

David Pollack took a shot and guessed Hugh Freeze for Auburn..

As much as Sanders would create some positive buzz for Nebraska by the fan base and media I just have a hard time seeing the University hiring a flashy personality like Sanders. Somebody is going to hire Dion but I doubt it's Nebraska as much as I think it would be a positive move in my opinion.
Mickey would be a much better guy than Sanders. Like it or not, fit does matter at a place like NU

Mickey would be a much better guy than Sanders. Like it or not, fit does matter at a place like NU
Did scot fraudst "fit" N? How bout solich? Was Devanny a fit? Just aaying Deon would be a much better hire than Mickey.. and i like MJ not so much for Neon

Reactions: TheNewNU
Just because you’re killing it in the SWAC doesn’t mean you can win the same way in the B1G.. It’s different animal and you don’t sling it around in November you need a dependable run game...
Maybe so but we know one damn thing Coach Prime is a winner. Our current coach not so much.

Maybe so but we know one damn thing Coach Prime is a winner. Our current coach not so much.
I'm a huge Prime fan....watch all the JSU games. But Nebraska is not his style. I dont think a PWI aligns with his calling. The only thing money means to him is more $$ for his assistant coaches....that will be a kicker for him staying at JSU. He has been upfront about that....I hope the AD is listening.

On a side note, I would like to see Mike Mentor move up....but he may be happy at Campbell. Another coach who probably makes decisions without money being the top factor.

Reactions: Meanfarmer3160
Yeah, except I heard that on Sunday and the Carriker thing dropped on Wednesday...then this on Friday. Interesting timeline at a minimum. Maybe it's just "deion week" as others have indicated (which is pretty funny). But there's been more smoke to this one than anything else I've seen.
No there isn’t more smoke. It is the same nonsense every week with a different character. No one knows a thing. Not even a little bit. TA is keeping it close. It is pure, unadulterated speculation. Nothing wrong with rumors, isn’t like we have anything else, but lets just keep it real.

Clearly at this point, any AD worth their salt wouldn't be holding out hope that Mickey Joseph can turn this thing around and will have ducks sorted and nearly all in a row within the next 5-10 days.

I'm a huge Prime fan....watch all the JSU games. But Nebraska is not his style. I dont think a PWI aligns with his calling. The only thing money means to him is more $$ for his assistant coaches....that will be a kicker for him staying at JSU. He has been upfront about that....I hope the AD is listening.

On a side note, I would like to see Mike Mentor move up....but he may be happy at Campbell. Another coach who probably makes decisions without money being the top factor.

What is a PWI?

I don't care about media buzz of a hire. The media overall never spoke well of NU, even when winning at an 80% clip for thirty years. Other coaches, players and fans did though.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Clearly at this point, any AD worth their salt wouldn't be holding out hope that Mickey Joseph can turn this thing around and will have ducks sorted and nearly all in a row within the next 5-10 days.
Turn what around Nebraska Football sucks, the coaches suck, the Athletic Dept. Sucks,

Trev is about to take that to a all new level.

Deon and Boulder???? WHAT????

No effin way I'm buying that.

Yeah, seems like a weird fit....but so did Mel Tucker. Maybe he sees how Mel Tucker was able to use one good year there as a stepping-stone. Though South Florida would seem like an even better stepping-stone job because of the talent in Florida he would bring in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT