ADVERTISEMENT

Definitely Improved And I'm Encouraged

The Ok was bad in the 1nd. I think they wore down. To bad coach didn't slow the game down to give them full rest between plays in the 4th.

W or L, had Martinez stayed healthy, there were a lot of positives to take going forward. Our defense won't win us many (maybe not any) games this year, so losing him is brutal. Gotta pray that he's okay.

I wasn’t discouraged, just disheartened.
Then I got on here and read that our freshman QB is soft and tore his ACL, PCL, and MCL and walked off the field on crutches (false). And our coaches can’t manage the clock and our team is undisciplined. I then became quickly discouraged ... in our fans.

This looked like a young team playing its first game of the season under a new coach. And they looked better than they did in any game last season. I agree, there are a lot of positives to take away, if our QB isn’t seriously injured.

I’m glad someone isn’t a total idiot right now. Defense looked good, weakness was what we all expected, the secondary. A Mart showed some flashes of being special soon. O-line and D-line looked great majority of the time. Run game was good.

This is as good as we ever looked as a complete team in a long time, regardless that we lost. If A Mart is ok we can still do some damage, not a lot of the Big Ten looked like world beaters today either.

Then I got on here and read that our freshman QB is soft and tore his ACL, PCL, and MCL and walked off the field on crutches (false). And our coaches can’t manage the clock and our team is undisciplined. I then became quickly discouraged ... in our fans.

This looked like a young team playing its first game of the season under a new coach. And they looked better than they did in any game last season. I agree, there are a lot of positives to take away, if our QB isn’t seriously injured.
The biggest questions is how good is CU. If they end up a top 10 or 15 team by year end. Then yes we made a ton of mistakes and still almost beat a very good team.
If CU end up bad then there is a bit more concern.
I agree, I wouldn't go doom and gloom based on the first game, with a fresh QB, new staff, and many new players. There are definitely things that need to be cleaned up however if we want to get to 6 wins. If Martinez is out for any amount of time, it is not going to be good.

Our two weakest position groups last year, corner and Oline are much further along than I thought they'd be. Ozigbo looked very good. I want him starting over Bell. Martinez looked very good for the most part. I think we'll be just fine.

Our two weakest position groups last year, corner and Oline are much further along than I thought they'd be. Ozigbo looked very good. I want him starting over Bell. Martinez looked very good for the most part. I think we'll be just fine.

Outside of Bell I thought all the backs looked really good.

Reactions: cvogele29
I expect to see great improvement next week. A lot of first game, first year mistakes, it will be cleaned up. All good moving forward in my book.

Reactions: Crushinator
I will say it doesn’t appear we have an RB that can take it to the house.. perhaps Washington? But Bell was def brought down from behind at least on one big scamper.. Oz has never been that back but I def liked his production today. I also loved Bell.. just wish he could’ve had more jets is all.

The biggest questions is how good is CU. If they end up a top 10 or 15 team by year end. Then yes we made a ton of mistakes and still almost beat a very good team.
I agree, I wouldn't go doom and gloom based on the first game, with a fresh QB, new staff, and many new players. There are definitely things that need to be cleaned up however if we want to get to 6 wins. If Martinez is out for any amount of time, it is not going to be good.

IMO CU has very little to do with it. They have a good team with an experienced QB and some NFL prospects at WR. But we beat ourselves today and need to be more consistent. If we do that AND AM makes a full recovery (BIG if), we are going to give the Big 10 fits this year and win some we shouldn’t.

IMO CU has very little to do with it. They have a good team with an experienced QB and some NFL prospects at WR. But we beat ourselves today and need to be more consistent. If we do that AND AM makes a full recovery (BIG if), we are going to give the Big 10 fits this year and win some we shouldn’t.
Sorry, but CO is a BAD football team, have been for years.

Reactions: SC_'sker

CU isn't going to sniff top 10 or 15. But hopefully they will prove to be above average.

Most of the people that post on message boards don't know shit about football. I see it every damn year people half watch the game as they scroll through social media and bitch and moan about everything under the sun. I for one was excited by a lot of the things I saw today, we are a young team and we're going to make mistakes but I liked a lot of what I saw today.

I’m glad someone isn’t a total idiot right now. Defense looked good, weakness was what we all expected, the secondary. A Mart showed some flashes of being special soon. O-line and D-line looked great majority of the time. Run game was good.

This is as good as we ever looked as a complete team in a long time, regardless that we lost. If A Mart is ok we can still do some damage, not a lot of the Big Ten looked like world beaters today either.

I thought the secondary played better than I've seen it in some time. They are still the weakness rhough.

This game reminds me of some of the Texas losses. It was just inexplicable chance that threw this game to the hippies. I feel bad for Reed. He was just being physical

GBR

I will say it doesn’t appear we have an RB that can take it to the house.. perhaps Washington? But Bell was def brought down from behind at least on one big scamper.. Oz has never been that back but I def liked his production today. I also loved Bell.. just wish he could’ve had more jets is all.

Yeah I want to finally have a back that can bust loose and go 60 yards. NU used to always have one or two backs that were one good block from a TD, but the last decade has been one of physical, but not explosive backs. I hope Washington can bring that.

I am beyond pissed about losing this game. We did just about everything we could to give it away, and CO was good enough to not squander it. We are, without any doubt, mich better today than we were at any point last year. We screwed today up big time, but we are going to be a pretty good team this year, and will beat some teams we aren’t supposed to, even with bunch. Stop the stupid ass penalties, stop giving up 3rd and longs, catch the passes and fix special teams ... and we be real good

Big Ten think about this:

• Nebraska had over 550 yds of total offense.
  • Nebraska had over 300 yds rushing
  • Nebraska had 2 players over 100 yds rushing
  • Nebraska had its starting QB complete 75% of his passes.
  • Nebraska averaged 6.8 yds per play
  • Nebraska held CU to 44 yds rushing on 35 attempts
  • Nebraska had 7 sacks in one game
Name another Big Ten team besides Ohio State (and maybe Wisconsin) that has stats that impressive?

Bottom line is Nebraska beat itself with 3 fumbles, penalties, dropped passes, and missed field goals. Those things are correctable.

I have watched all the big ten teams play and the only team that Nebraska can't beat is Ohio State. Nobody in the Big Ten has put up these kind of numbers besides Ohio State (& maybe Wisconsin).

Bottom line is this. IF Martinez can play Nebraska is a top 3 team in the Big Ten. IF Martinez is hurt and out for the year that means Nebraska's quarterback is a walk-on third stringer and Nebraska wont win more than 5 or 6.

Sorry, but CO is a BAD football team, have been for years.

They have played for a conference championship a lot more recent than we have....that was a well coached team...they protected the ball, made some great plays on offense...they will be 4-4 in the Pac 12 because they can light up the scoreboard and seem to force turnovers.

Reactions: 9and4
CU will be 5-0 and 2-0 in the Pac-12 when they go to LA to play USC and to Seattle to play Washington in October. They can win the rest. I say they win nine, 6-3 in the conference, 2nd in the South.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT