ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive line as of today (maybe)

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
The list of Dline/OLB likely players in the rotation. Drew seems likely to come, but if not him, there will be another. With the exception of Tannor, all are right-sized for where they will be playing. Robinson and Hutmacher are large people. Robinson and Tannor are 4*, Feist is NR and the others are 3* players.
This is not an all world line, but the youngest guys are headed into the their third year, and there are several guys with good game experience. Will be interested to see what Chins cooks up for this bunch.
Inside
Robinson 6-6/305 4th year
Hutmacher 6-4/325 3rd year
Feist 6-2/280 5th year
Newsome 6-5/285 4th year
Drew (presumed) 6-2/280 5th year

Outside
Mathis 6-5/257 5th year
Nelson 6-3/245 4th year
Tannor 6-3/225 5th year
Gunnerson 6-6/255 3rd year
Butler 6-5/245 3rd year

Nelson and Mathis should do well as a duo creating havoc on opposing QB's and RB's. My hope is they not only sack QB's a lot but pressure QB's into bad throws. We need the inside guys doing what they should do best and that's pushing opposing linemen back into the pocket. It's my hope and I'm sticking with it.

InWV I always appreciate your takes like this one. I agree with you and see needing or interior guys to more or less plug the interior gaps and push the pocket while letting our ends loose in the pass rush in a 4-3/4-2-5. Mathis and Nelson? Yes please! Put Tannor at not coverage olb and let him pressure/control the edge and we've got 3-4 pretty darn good sources for pressure from all angles this year.

Reactions: inWV and Reditus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT