ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Raiola

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
Just curious, was the Dayton Raiola offer one really because of his upside or a sweetener to get Dylan? Now that Dylan is gone, does the offer still hold?

Given that he's class of '26, I don't think his offer is written in stone. But that said, there's no reason to "revoke" the offer at this point. I don't consider these real offers anyway.

Given that he's class of '26, I don't think his offer is written in stone. But that said, there's no reason to "revoke" the offer at this point. I don't consider these real offers anyway.
Anyone know how competitive this private school is that him and his brother
transferred to? Are they an Arizona powerhouse and will they crush everyone they play? Dayton’s holding a clipboard this next season while watching his big brother get all the snaps.

After Donovan is shitcanned, we can move on completely from that family. I really don’t think they are a huge NU family frankly. Had Dominic really even come back or paid attention to this place in the years after he graduated? I don’t recall that being the case.

After Donovan is shitcanned, we can move on completely from that family. I really don’t think they are a huge NU family frankly. Had Dominic really even come back or paid attention to this place in the years after he graduated? I don’t recall that being the case.
What happens if our offensive line becomeS dominate?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
1c7dedf1-743f-4a42-a328-f4f677f4eb47_text.gif

What happens if our offensive line becomeS dominate?
Then, maybe he can stay. I will have my fingers crossed, that’s for sure because we were bad under him. The worst group on the team.

Dayton, that was a courtesy offer is my guess.

Then, maybe he can stay. I will have my fingers crossed, that’s for sure because we were bad under him. The worst group on the team.

Dayton, that was a courtesy offer is my guess.
I’m impartial either way. I hope for his sake, and ours, he turns things around. Agree on the reasoning behind Dayton’s offer. Who knows maybe he will end up being the better of the two brothers.

I don't agree with that sentiment. Just because Dylan picked Georgia in the end doesn't mean that the family doesn't like or "hates" Nebraska. Every kid has to make the decision that is the best career choice for THEM. Let's face reality and be objective about it, the last several years of Nebraska football haven't been inspiring to say the least. We have to earn our way back to being meaningful again.

As for Donovan, I hope he turns the OL around but that never was going to be a 1 year project. Rhule seems to have faith in him and the kids love him.

Last edited:
Ya writing off coaches after one year, real men of genius ^…smh
To counter what you said, this will be his second year.
My hope is that part of what hindered our Oline was the dysfunction that occurred last year. Also think The Oline will get more coaches involved in coaching them this year.
Maybe Donovan can actually learn from this staff and the scheme. Line could get better, or at least look better, especially if you have FB and TE help in blocking assignments.

Last edited:
Reactions: shocksker
To counter what you said, this will be his second year.
My hope is that part of what hindered our Oline was the dysfunction that occurred last year. Also think The Oline will get more coaches involved in coaching them this year.
Maybe Donovan can actually learn from this staff and the scheme. Line could get better, or at least look better, especially if you have FB and TE help in blocking assignments.
We’ll he’s coached 12 games, that’s only one season/results…

I get your point, but how many former huskers stayed away because of Cally/Pederson, as well as other staffs that followed? It didn’t seem like they were welcomed back with open arms until Trev got here, for the most part.

They weren’t shooed away under Riley and maybe a few others, but the red carpet wasn’t exactly rolled out for them either.

Gabbert brothers = riola brothers no thanks
Gabbert's were pretty dang good. I'm surprised anyone would want to turn those 2 down....

EDIT: I forgot Tyler didn't do anything. Blaine was really good though. Wouldn't been nice to have him at Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboxes
Anyone know why Dylan was at the mattress factory this past weekend? Dude still trying to poach Husker recruits?

I don't see the reason to not keep it. Its years away and the raiolas could be like the manning brothers. One went to TN like a dummy and the other went ole miss like his old man.

Reactions: RedJensen
Ya writing off coaches after one year, real men of genius ^…smh
Well in Diaco’s case I would insist it was prudent. Our O line got better as the season progressed. I think they’ll be better this year with a more coherent scheme.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Gabbert's were pretty dang good. I'm surprised anyone would want to turn those 2 down....

EDIT: I forgot Tyler didn't do anything. Blaine was really good though. Wouldn't been nice to have him at Nebraska.
Might have had a title in 09. That team was championship good minus qb play. Also think Gabbert would have excelled in Watson scheme.

Reactions: HuskerO
I don't agree with that sentiment. Just because Dylan picked Georgia in the end doesn't mean that the family doesn't like or "hates" Nebraska. Every kid has to make the decision that is the best career choice for THEM. Let's face reality and be objective about it, the last several years of Nebraska football haven't been inspiring to say the least. We have to earn our way back to being meaningful again.

As for Donovan, I hope he turns the OL around but that never was going to be a 1 year project. Rhule seems to have faith in him and the kids love him.
Amen. Some fans need to take their blinders off and realize that the family's affinity for Nebraska is the only reason NU was considered in the first place.

I get your point, but how many former huskers stayed away because of Cally/Pederson, as well as other staffs that followed? It didn’t seem like they were welcomed back with open arms until Trev got here, for the most part.

They weren’t shooed away under Riley and maybe a few others, but the red carpet wasn’t exactly rolled out for them either.
Certainly some valid points. And I am hoping Donovan turns it around and our OL play gets good again, but if there was one position that got worse last year from the year before it was OL and that was hard to do.
Here’s hoping everything gets turned around. I think we will improve a good deal from the Frost debacle.

Reactions: timnsun
Amen. Some fans need to take their blinders off and realize that the family's affinity for Nebraska is the only reason NU was considered in the first place.
No problem him choosing Georgia. What I have a problem with is the dirtiness of Dylan recruiting players to GA during Nebraska visits. Glad Rhule pulled the spring game invite. Kid is like school in summer..

If Donnie doesn’t work out and Rhule cans him. When he lands at Georgia as an analyst then everyone will know the whole and true story.
I highly doubt he would end up anywhere as an analyst. Unless you’re just paying the guy to be in a “token role” to get his nephews. Georgia doesn’t need to do that.

Wait…. This is the first I hear about Dylan recruiting against while visiting… how verifiable is that?

Wait…. This is the first I hear about Dylan recruiting against while visiting… how verifiable is that?
Lots of speculation but the rumor was that he was telling kids that he had decided on Georgia and was encouraging some to join him.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT