ADVERTISEMENT

David Sanders 5 star OT 8-17 decision date

Good to see the big money boosters read this board. David Sanders and Mozee money?
Since this board is anonymous all I can say is …

Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

Pretty huge endorsement of 3 million NIL money to land this dude..
Can’t hurt that he can start quicker here than a lot of other places..

Reactions: BleedRed78
I would love to see my wife's reaction if I told her I was going to cheer on some high school kid so he will maybe come to NU.
Yeah, I don't get it. I already don't have time to everything I need to. Taking a few hours out of my day to cheer a high school kid who is getting out of his car is never going to make my to-do list.

Pretty huge endorsement of 3 million NIL money to land this dude..
Can’t hurt that he can start quicker here than a lot of other places..
By all accounts, Sanders is an extremely talented kid with high character. I think the only way to give six figure NIL money to a recruit and justify it to your locker room is to only offer it to the best of the best. If a football program, hopefully one of our rivals and never NU, offers huge money to some lazy, pot smoking dude with an undeserved 4 or 5 star rating, that's gonna cause a lot of division within the team.

By all accounts, Sanders is an extremely talented kid with high character. I think the only way to give six figure NIL money to a recruit and justify it to your locker room is to only offer it to the best of the best. If a football program, hopefully one of our rivals and never NU, offers huge money to some lazy, pot smoking dude with an undeserved 4 or 5 star rating, that's gonna cause a lot of division within the team.
Whatever happened to keyshawn jr?

They’re inbreds. What would they know.
Naw Maybe Mississippi or parts of Alabama. I’ve spent a lot of time in Nashville and Knoxville I’d move to Tennessee in a heartbeat. With that said I’m not trusting any fans message boards for info any of these days.

Naw Maybe Mississippi or parts of Alabama. I’ve spent a lot of time in Nashville and Knoxville I’d move to Tennessee in a heartbeat. With that said I’m not trusting any fans message boards for info any of these days.
Oh, I think TN has its share of inbreds.
There’s no arguing that Eastern TN is very beautiful.

I have a feeling that initial commitment may not mean a whole bunch. He will be getting worked until he signs.
Exactly. All the verbal commitment means is he is committed to the school who at that time offered him the best NIL deal. We might be looking at a multi million dollar bidding war for this guy. It will be very interesting to see how this ends.

Exactly. All the verbal commitment means is he is committed to the school who at that time offered him the best NIL deal. We might be looking at a multi million dollar bidding war for this guy. It will be very interesting to see how this ends.
I understand he wants a high NIL deal, I don't blame him and the family. BUT I also hope he's looking at more than just the highest NIL deal. I'm sure there's a consideration for the team culture, the coaches and the development for the NFL. Those are all factors beyond only money.

I understand he wants a high NIL deal, I don't blame him and the family. BUT I also hope he's looking at more than just the highest NIL deal. I'm sure there's a consideration for the team culture, the coaches and the development for the NFL. Those are all factors beyond only money.
Does not bode well for us either way. Of all the contenders we are the team with the worst track record over the past ten years both in terms of winning and in putting guys in the NFL. And I am sure that the donors at the other three schools can match or better what our donors can do. Our only hope is that he liked the "feel" or "vibe" of our culture while he was here and that he really connected with the coaches. That is not to be underrated and I also doubt that he would have visited us at all if wins and losses over the past ten years is all that matters to him. But at the very least we had better put up a significant chunk of money and the rumors are that we have. I doubt we land the dude but that just might be my natural pessimism since we never seem to win these kinds of recruiting battles for the very best guys.

Does not bode well for us either way. Of all the contenders we are the team with the worst track record over the past ten years both in terms of winning and in putting guys in the NFL. And I am sure that the donors at the other three schools can match or better what our donors can do. Our only hope is that he liked the "feel" or "vibe" of our culture while he was here and that he really connected with the coaches. That is not to be underrated and I also doubt that he would have visited us at all if wins and losses over the past ten years is all that matters to him. But at the very least we had better put up a significant chunk of money and the rumors are that we have. I doubt we land the dude but that just might be my natural pessimism since we never seem to win these kinds of recruiting battles for the very best guys.
Coach Rhule has only had one year so far. Stop with the pessimism bud. Think about the dumpster fire he took over for. This is a total rebuild.

Coach Rhule has only had one year so far. Stop with the pessimism bud. Think about the dumpster fire he took over for. This is a total rebuild.
I agree about Rhule. I think he will turn us around. But what you say is the same message about every coach we have had since Solich was fired. “Chill out, give the guy time! This is just year two!” My pessimism is warranted and this program has earned it in spades for the past 20 years. I am in prove it to me mode. We rarely win these kinds of recruiting battles for the truly premier athletes. But the fact he visited us at all is a positive sign. He would not have even visited were things not different here now. So I am not claiming all is gloom and doom. But I do doubt we end up getting Sanders.

I agree about Rhule. I think he will turn us around. But what you say is the same message about every coach we have had since Solich was fired. “Chill out, give the guy time! This is just year two!” My pessimism is warranted and this program has earned it in spades for the past 20 years. I am in prove it to me mode. We rarely win these kinds of recruiting battles for the truly premier athletes. But the fact he visited us at all is a positive sign. He would not have even visited were things not different here now. So I am not claiming all is gloom and doom. But I do doubt we end up getting Sanders.
Coach Rhule has only had one year. I mean, you like everything else about what you see with him right? You have to give more than one year before you freaking you know line up the gallows. Wouldn't you agree?

Coach Rhule has only had one year. I mean, you like everything else about what you see with him right? You have to give more than one year before you freaking you know line up the gallows. Wouldn't you agree?
Who is lining up the gallows?? Geez. I am just doubting that we land Sanders and with good reasons. And I am sorry if I am in a wait and see "prove it to me" mode with regard to Rhule. Been down this "new coach" euphoria kool aid thingy too many times to have hope until I see us winning on the field. Rhule does seem different. But so did Frost at first. Until he kept losing and losing and losing. I think we have a break out year this year. I like Rhule. I believe in him. But do not ask me to suddenly stop bringing up our recent history and our record of futility and our recruiting failures as if they are now all forgotten and part of our past. They linger and they will until we start winning again. Period. I think Rhule is the guy. But I thought Pelini and Frost were too. Until they weren't. Just win baby. Just win. And if we get Sanders despite my pessimism I will be getting drunk and swinging from the Hackberry tree in my back yard for joy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT