ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Doeren

We've gone through 5 coaches that essentially gave their left one to coach at Nebraska, and now a 6th you are wanting to hire since Osborne (hell, our crazy fan base wanted to fire Osborne multiple times).

Sorry, but I'm still in for Frost. Give the man a serious chance, let him fire and change his staff and keep some kind of structure, stability, and sensibility to our program.

There isn't a high school kid alive that knows we used to win games at Nebraska.
You're assuming Frost will have the cojones to make those tough decisions, or respect Ta's requests to make those changes. Has Frost ever fired a coach? Does he have it in him? Part of getting paid the big bucks....I hope he can but am not overly confident he will.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
You are an idiot.

Chris Klienman = national titles wins over OU

Jamey Chadwell = multiple conference championships. Program rebuilder

Jeff Hafley = NFL experience, College coordinator experience at the P5 level, on path to having back-to-back winning seasons as a first-time head coach and one of the top rushing attacks in the country.

Jeff Monken = first coach in Army history to win 11 games and only coach in Army history to have multiple 9 plus win seasons.
Klienman will soon be 3-3
Chadwell - is still an unknown. He doesn’t emphasize defense at all. That won’t cut it in the Big Leagues.
Hafley - after this year will have the same head coaching experience Scott Frost had when he was hired at Nebraska.
Monken - has 2 years experience at the P5 level and that was coaching RBs at Georgia Tech.

nothing about any of those guys says they would win more games than Riley or Frost

You're assuming Frost will have the cojones to make those tough decisions, or respect Ta's requests to make those changes. Has Frost ever fired a coach? Does he have it in him? Part of getting paid the big bucks....I hope he can but am not overly confident he will.
I agree. You are getting a big check, time to nut up and make the big decisions.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
The average coaching tenure in the SEC is 4.5 years. 68% of 5th year seniors in ncaa football will have played for 2 HCs… not the coach who recruited them. It’s just the way the ncaa football world works. We shouldn’t get too myopic in our own Lincoln snow globe, thinking the world believes we fire good coaches. The only firing that doesn’t stand the test of time is Frank (bo won, but was a penis) The others were all warranted, and firing Scott as painful as it sounds, due to the pageantry and certainty his hiring came with… will be the most warranted … it’s not that we fire too many coaches, we just suck at
I agree. You are getting a big check, time to nut up and make the big decisions.
I think Fickell would be best choice given his CV and experience. That being said he turned down MSU 2 years ago. And Fickell is tight with Dantonio

Wiki
Kansas native, former Wisky DC, won MAC twice at NIU, swiftly turned NC State around… just beat Clemson

He may want to stay at North Carolina State. It isn't like he doesn't have a good opportunity and pathway within ACC?

Would be another OL guy, like Matt Campbell and that other guy in the State of Iowa.

Good coach. Solid resume. Does he want to move to Western shore of Big Ten?

Does he ultimately want to be in the Big Ten?

Agree he would be a great hire, but his resume screams, I want to compete in the SEC.

Why leave Arkansas?

When has he flirted with a job ever in Big Ten?

If the Big 8 existed, he would shine, but why would be want to leave his current SEC gig for the Big Ten?
Im not his agent bluejay...just throwing out names and he has that team playing at a high level..im jealous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT