ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Aranda

B1G roots?

He spent three seasons at Wisky, that is it for the B1G or even the Midwest for that matter
Anything counts when it sounds like he’s an ideal candidate for us.
He laid roots of top 10 defenses during that time, so now it’s time to come back and grow that mutha-uckin B1G tree.

Curious why there’s not more mention of Dave Aranda. Took Baylor from 2-7 to 12-2.
DC and Assistant HC when LSU won National Championship, excellent defense record as DC at Wisconsin, strung 6 years in a row at 3 different schools with top 15 defense plus last year top 10.

I think he’s credited with recruiting 2 five stars, and 23 four stars (per 247).

His resume reads pretty close to what I would want…. and his current salary is only $4 million. We could probably double that salary if we wanted to start acting serious about being back with the big boys.

I’m no expert on all the candidates, but right now, he’s my guy.
Maybe because he doesnt want the job.. Absent of Saban type dough.

Reactions: HominidHusker
start with a good base salary, say 6 million and jump in with 6 million in incentives for winning.
put your money where your mouth is for all involved
capitalism at its finest
We're so beat'n down, new coach could easily work in a $2 mill bump at 7 wins.

My wife went there and two sons. She just went down to visit the Silos, the castle and the Baylor campus. She can't believe how many building are on the campus right now. Its totally changed since she went there. I guess that Big 12 money is kicking in big time. Now they're building a brand new basketball complex right next to IH35 and Lake Brazos.
Was down there in Aug for summer graduation. First time I've been there. Baylor pretty impressive and room to expand and everything located together. There was a lot of construction going on but wasn't sure what it was.

During her address, President Livingstone was sure bragging up Aranda.

I think he is a heck of a DC but you can see signs that he isnt all that and a bag of chips already. I am not against him, but I expect Nebraska can and will do better.

I just watched his interview on the #1 ranked show. I’ve never heard him speak before.

Wow, this guy’s amazing.
Very soft spoken and intelligent.
I can see why he gets through to people.
What comes to my mind is a new age Osborne.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He’s already making 6 million
Worse coaches are making much more in the Big Ten, plus you can pay the assistants more which prevents poaching unless it is for a huge promotion (coordinator/head coach) that you don't want to match. That is why Bert left Wisconsin for Arkansas.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT