ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Aranda’s Baylor Loses to Air Force, now 6-7

I’d love to see the flex bone at a major P5 school (sorry GT, I mean big time). Not us, because I don’t want to take the risk. And not anyone on the conference, because I don’t want to play against it.

It’s fun to watch and hard as hell to play against. And you get an extra hour every Saturday because the games are short as hell.

Screwed up my bowl pick. Thanks Dave..
Happy Football GIF by Baylor University

Yes, but won more with those players than Aranda has. But yes, I get your point.
By the way, who was the main recruiter under Butch again..?

It’s pretty much a meaningless game that favored Air Force winning this game ..
Baylor were 3.5 point favorites and the game was right up the road!

Really nice win and 10 win season for AFA

Aranda should be ashamed. Baylor looked pillow soft & he was quoted saying they weren’t ready for the speed of the option

Really really bad job by him and staff

I’d love to see the flex bone at a major P5 school (sorry GT, I mean big time). Not us, because I don’t want to take the risk. And not anyone on the conference, because I don’t want to play against it.

It’s fun to watch and hard as hell to play against. And you get an extra hour every Saturday because the games are short as hell.
Some of the stuff AF ran looked an awful lot like it came directly out of Tom’s playbook.

Baylor really didn’t look like they wanted to be there. The wind and cold really f’d up their offense
30 mph cold winds are good for a option team, I think baylor will be back, the big 12 was pretty competitive this year, folks sometimes tend to let down after a championship, and baylor had a top recruiting class in the big 12.
aranda did can his dc, so I guess we will see.

Reactions: huntered

I agree with you. Everything is cyclical. Seems that about 80% of teams run a variation of the spread. Defenses have gotten faster, but also much smaller. A team that can put an athletic QB under center with a flex bone, I-formation, veer, etc. would have a built in advantage week to week. If the right coach at the right school built a team with a very good defense & special teams and ran an offense like that, they would win a ton of games.

Your definition of "top" and mine are clearly two different things. Aranda's barely had them in the top half.
oh, I did'nt look recently...a month ago they said something like that..they talk alot about em on 365 sports.

I guess for some reason I forgot about ut and 0u still being in the big 12

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Dave Aranda might have gotten credit for what their prior coach built…
Kind of hard to rate teams by bowl performance because of the transfer portal and the fact that many of the players from P5 conferences playing in "nobody in the stands cold weather bowl games" don't give a crap at that point.

Look what we did after a close win over Rutgers in cold weather in 2020. We declined to play in a bowl game.

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
It is hard to consistently win at Baylor. 2-7, 12-2, 6-7 is what he has produced so far. I'll see what he can do next year before judging him, but I'd bet he'll have more years like this one than what he had in 2021.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yah, he and Fickell were two guys I thought we would go after early. Glad we dodged that bullet.
My top 2 were #1 Aranda (w/ his OC as part of the package) and Fickell #2. Time will tell but feel like we finally got a grinder that’s all in

Glad I’m not the AD… prior to MJ’s situation, I would have given him the reins if first two options fell through—wanted them to announce prior to WI

Hitting a woman is a hard thing to reconcile (shouldn’t go unpunished), but I still wish Mickey well. People have certainly done worse and have been given second chances

My top 2 were #1 Aranda (w/ his OC as part of the package) and Fickell #2. Time will tell but feel like we finally got a grinder that’s all in

Glad I’m not the AD… prior to MJ’s situation, I would have given him the reins if first two options fell through—wanted them to announce prior to WI

Hitting a woman is a hard thing to reconcile (shouldn’t go unpunished), but I still wish Mickey well. People have certainly done worse and have been given second chances
We’re glad you’re not the AD as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT