ADVERTISEMENT

Dare I say..

Other than demeanor, Mike Riley really wasn't proven to be a better coach than Pelini. Hope the rest of the year isn't a total wash, but next year better see a LOT of improvement, there is a decent amount of returning talent. If next year sucks, then Riley may see an early exit. I hope that is not the case.

The truth is....it doesn't matter. The only thing that does matter at this point is that Riley DOES suck. BP is irrelevant to the conversation. He's gone. He isn't coming back. And anyone that does want him back is delusional.

Reactions: huskerfan1000
I'm not the one to bring BP up, but just saying we fired the dude for basically being stupid. I see the same trend with this current staff, it's just they're nice guys".

Honest question: Assuming, Riley is not the guy, and obviously I don't know that but for conversation, let's say he drives the bus in to the ditch. How does this ever change? Who gets to make that decision? The chancellor? Didn't he and Eichorst choose Riley?

This is why you've seen programs like Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC, Miami, etc., fall out of prominence and take YEARS to come back. It's not that easy. You get these banana heads that somehow get in to these power positions and make decisions that affect the success or failure of a program. Looks like a complete crap shoot to me.

Anyway, here we are. Life's not fair and help's not on the way. GBR.

Honest question: Assuming, Riley is not the guy, and obviously I don't know that but for conversation, let's say he drives the bus in to the ditch. How does this ever change? Who gets to make that decision? The chancellor? Didn't he and Eichorst choose Riley?

This is why you've seen programs like Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC, Miami, etc., fall out of prominence and take YEARS to come back. It's not that easy. You get these banana heads that somehow get in to these power positions and make decisions that affect the success or failure of a program. Looks like a complete crap shoot to me.

Anyway, here we are. Life's not fair and help's not on the way. GBR.

The chancellor is retiring June 30, 2016...maybe that'll be a start.

Or is it with some

BP Hatred > Love for Husker football.

I was happy for a change, just not for who we got. Too many were happy we got Mr, Rogers just to be rid of Bo. I think the aim should have been a bit higher. Like not an average coach with only a few years left. I think it's time to move on from Bo hatred and maybe look at what we really need.

This is Nebraska football, you know the one who has won more games the last 50 years than anyone else. Why are we experimenting with first time HC's and ones with very average track records? Bo was a mistake and took us too long to realize that. I just feel like history is repeating itself. Just this time it's smiling Mike, not bipolar Bo.

This is Nebraska football, you know the one who has won more games the last 50 years than anyone else. Why are we experimenting with first time HC's and ones with very average track records? Bo was a mistake and took us too long to realize that. I just feel like history is repeating itself. Just this time it's smiling Mike, not bipolar Bo.
Blackshirt30 made the key point in this discussion. Your current Chancellor is stepping down on June 30, 2016. That new hire will be a key for Husker Football moving forward. While Nebraska athletics, and football in particular represents only a small part of what a chancellor needs to be concerned with, if he has the proper regard for what the tradition of Husker Football means to the university and the people of the state, he will do all that is possible to support the program and see to its return to excellence. That means getting the right AD and then the right coach.

Pellini was the cause of a cancerous relationship between the administration, the fans, and the football team. He had to go because of this reason alone. Unfortunately, the AD can't admit this because it reflects poorly upon his power, control, and leadership. So, he talks up the on the field stuff as the main reason for the firing (a lot of it legitimate) because that is out of his direct control, and minimizes everything else.

We could have hired Joe Schmo from some high school that led us to an 0-12 season and it wouldn't have changed the fact that Bo had to go. To put it another way...it doesn't matter what Riley does here, Bo had to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT