ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Woodhead retires

10 years in the NFL is a great career for anyone but for the "too small white boy" from small town NE is incredible. NU and many other Div 1 colleges whiffed big time on him. I remember how Marlon Lucky was the NFL 5 star prospect. Oops Rivals. Lol.
Obviously a lot of schools missed on him, but why the comparison with Marlon Lucky? Woodhead was a recruit in the 2004 class, Lucky was 2005; so it's not like Lucky was recruited instead of Woodhead.

Obviously a lot of schools missed on him, but why the comparison with Marlon Lucky? Woodhead was a recruit in the 2004 class, Lucky was 2005; so it's not like Lucky was recruited instead of Woodhead.
Basically just an example of a high 5 star recruit who didn't play a down in the NFL and a small town 2 or 3 star with a 10 year NFL career. Same could be said for 3 star Ameer vs 5 star Aaron Green. Just a couple examples of how the recruiting experts aren't always correct and you can't measure heart.

Ahhhh, retiring after 10 years...with a decent pension...I am peanut butter and jealous. Good for him and good for anyone that makes that happen.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Basically just an example of a high 5 star recruit who didn't play a down in the NFL and a small town 2 or 3 star with a 10 year NFL career. Same could be said for 3 star Ameer vs 5 star Aaron Green. Just a couple examples of how the recruiting experts aren't always correct and you can't measure heart.

Maybe heart wasn’t what was mismeasured.

This guy just goes to show you that the formula TO and Frost talk about can still work. Kids like Danny will be welcomed with open arms by Frost instead of turned away by star-ridden coaches and systems. Sometimes it is about start ratings and speed, but other times it's just about putting your fist in the turf and having more will than your opponent. That's what Danny had that others didn't.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This guy just goes to show you that the formula TO and Frost talk about can still work. Kids like Danny will be welcomed with open arms by Frost instead of turned away by star-ridden coaches and systems. Sometimes it is about start ratings and speed, but other times it's just about putting your fist in the turf and having more will than your opponent. That's what Danny had that others didn't.

No offense but this is a bit of revisionist history. It’s not like Wyoming or Kansas St or Iowa. He went DII because a whole bunch of programs at a myriad of levels passed him by. I am quite sure he could have walked on at Nebraska. He chose not to.

Woodhead did not have a single Div I offer. Hindsight says we wish he had come to Neb but he would have had to walk on and that my friends is the truth. Him not coming to Neb is on him and his family! Sorry for dropping facts but those are the facts. No way any staff would have stopped him from walking on. There is no way of knowing whether any staff would have offered him. The fact is he truly did not have any other offers either.

No offense but this is a bit of revisionist history. It’s not like Wyoming or Kansas St or Iowa. He went DII because a whole bunch of programs at a myriad of levels passed him by. I am quite sure he could have walked on at Nebraska. He chose not to.
Plus, wouldn't a scholarship offer to play at NU have been under Solich's watch? For all of Frank's shortcomings, being "star-ridden" didn't seem to be high on the list.

Plus, wouldn't a scholarship offer to play at NU have been under Solich's watch? For all of Frank's shortcomings, being "star-ridden" didn't seem to be high on the list.

I believe it was between the Solich firing and the Callahan hiring 2004 recruiting class.

Offense nontaken, nonetheless erroneous on a few accounts. I would bet the farm he would have walked on for TO or Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT