ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Camp Notes

mike513

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2009
I was able to attend last night. Not much more to report as the coverage by HOL has been fantastic.

The things I'll add:

First and foremost, if you have an opportunity to check out one of the camps, do it. It's a great way to get personal look at how the staff interacts both internally and with the athletes. Now to the list.

1. I know this has become cliche but this staff is a complete 180 from previous group. They are beyond approachable, inviting and truly grateful for the opportunity. They're true professionals and the Husker football team is in great hands.

2. Wilson is a legit 6' 3" and has room to add another 10 lbs. if that's a route they decide to take. He is personable and put on a good show last night. NO DOUBT in my mind that he will be a Husker, Oregon be damned.

3. It was a great camp for exposure. North Texas is a talent rich area that has been neglected by NU for years and as such, the relationships were non-existent save for Coach Walsh at Guyer. Several coaches from local high schools were in attendance including former Trinity coach, Steve Lineweaver.

4. While all the coaches were approachable, Banker, Read, Hughes, Langs and Stewart were more reserved than the others. Cav, Davis, Bray and Williams were more vocal.

5. While Wilson received the most attention, Derrick Mayweather was courted by Davis for a good period of time as well. Haven't seen his film but he passes the eye test for sure. He plays at a 4A school but it's clear that there is some interest in him by our staff.

6. Was good to see a couple well known donors and Jeff Quinn in attendance. You wouldn't have seen that in previous years.

7. It was a pleasure meeting Nate and Sean.

8. I had an opportunity to spend some time with Riley yesterday and as reported by everyone who has met him, he is humble and very excited to be here. Rest assured, Texas recruiting will not be overlooked moving forward. He'd like to pull 3-4 kids out of the state every cycle and is committed to building the relationships to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.