ADVERTISEMENT

CWS Seeding

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
So I copied a below post that projected what the super regionals would look like.

Maryland (42-22) at Virginia (37-22)
Missouri State (48-10) at Arkansas (38-22)
Virginia Commonwealth (40-23) at Miami (FL) (47-15)
Florida State (44-19) at Florida (47-16)

Louisiana-Lafayette (44-19) at LSU (51-10)
Texas A&M (49-12) at Texas Christian (47-12)
Vanderbilt (45-19) at Illinois (50-8)
Cal State-Fullerton (37-22) at Louisville (46-16)

My question is the following: are the teams above in the order in which they will be seeded for the CWS, or how/when does that occur? In other words, would (potentially) Maryland play Missouri State in Game 1 of the CWS, Virginia play FSU in Game 2, etc., or have the super regional winner seeding not happened yet?

So using that info, CWS Game 1 on Sat at 1 pm will have the winner of Maryland/Virginia against the winner of Missouri State/Arkansas, and so on. If that's correct, the winner of LSU/LaLa would play the day game (or Game 3) on Sunday, right?

So using that info, CWS Game 1 on Sat at 1 pm will have the winner of Maryland/Virginia against the winner of Missouri State/Arkansas, and so on. If that's correct, the winner of LSU/LaLa would play the day game (or Game 3) on Sunday, right?
I don't think they necessarily stick to the times per say, but yeah it should be something like that.

The series that start on Friday this weekend will typically start on Saturday in Omaha, with the better matchup getting the night game. However, 2 years ago there was a lot of rain in North Carolina and that super regional got pushed back into Monday, so they switched the brackets around. Assuming, there's not a lot of rain postponements on the Friday side of the bracket, then the days will matchup with the following weekend, with times being announced most likely on Monday night. If LSU makes it, I will guarantee they will play at night.

Reactions: sklarbodds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT