ADVERTISEMENT

Cubs drop bowl game in Wrigley Field

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Read the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs demanded the 3rd or 4th pick of teams to play in their new bowl game...The B1G said no thanks we prefer a warm weather destination...

Thank God it’s bad enough the conference has a bowl game in New York in Yankee stadium let alone another game on a baseball field in winter conditions, last year Iowa and B.C couldn’t make any cuts on that field that played like a ice rink.

Thank God we have SF and will never again sink low enough to have to play in the Yankee Bowl, let alone sit home.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Thank God we have SF and will never again sink low enough to have to play in the Yankee Bowl, let alone sit home.

Better hope Athlons is wrong about the Huskers then.
Predict Nebraska to play N.C. State.

Read the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs demanded the 3rd or 4th pick of teams to play in their new bowl game...The B1G said no thanks we prefer a warm weather destination...

Thank God it’s bad enough the conference has a bowl game in New York in Yankee stadium let alone another game on a baseball field in winter conditions, last year Iowa and B.C couldn’t make any cuts on that field that played like a ice rink.
Good deal. Wouldn't have been much of a reward for a decent season. We have to play the ccg in a dome and then send teams to Chicago in late December??? Hmmm NO.

Im clearly in the minority but I think a game in Wrigley would be fantastic ( as long as it were early in the Frost era. No lower tier bowls after year 2!!)

Heck the marketing alone would be great. Frost, December in Chicago on the lake. It could be a fun deal one time

Last edited:
We went to the Packers – Bears game last November at soldier Field. Cold, freezing rain and wind. No thank you. Fast forward a month later and tell me what the weather will be like. I’ll take Florida please.

Im clearly in the minority but I think a game in Wrigley would be fantastic ( as long as it were early in the Frost era. No lower tier bowls after year 2!!)

Heck the marketing alone would be great. Frost, December in Chicago on the lake. It could be a fun deal one time
o_Oo_Oo_O

3rd or 4th pick is ridiculous. That would put them where the Outback Bowl is now-the highest pick outside the New Year's Six games. Tampa or Chicago in December? I think that's a pretty easy pick. Not to mention that all the Western Division teams already go to the Chicago area to play Northwestern every other year anyway.

Has Wrigley Field fixed the issue that made the rear boundary of one end zone a brick wall?

image7071489x.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT