ADVERTISEMENT

Covid situation in Omaha? Family visit planned

Johannes de Silentio

Graduate Assistant
May 17, 2016
Posting this here rather than on TOS, because I'm not trying to get into a debate about public health or the politics surrounding the disease and RSS obviously has far more readers. If this gets off-track, please move it over there and accept my apologies for creating any headaches.

I'm looking at visiting family in Omaha here for Christmas and have two daughters that are too young to be vaccinated. I don't worry about that a ton in most instances, but out of curiosity, I checked the Douglas County Covid numbers and saw that the positivity rate is over 16% and has risen sharply recently. Some further research indicated the hospitalization numbers have reached record levels in the past week. For folks who are there on the ground--and I know we have posters who either work in healthcare themselves or who have spouses that do--what are you seeing? I know my family is mostly or even all vaccinated, but this is making me worry somewhat about heading there in what might be peaking conditions.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News