ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins to the Pats???

he would be a fool to go there. If he’s going to play for a northern team with his Achilles and advancing years he needs to find a domed stadium. There are much better fits for him than the Pats and their crappy O line.

Agree 1000%

That team appears to suck at a lot of positions, hard to imagine he'd want it.....but is he not a free agent? I don't really hear his name.

Agree 1000%

That team appears to suck at a lot of positions, hard to imagine he'd want it.....but is he not a free agent? I don't really hear his name.
May as well let him go. He’s expensive and he’ll need another three years guaranteed at roughly 100,000,000.. this is a great draft for rookie QBs. If they’re willing to take Penix with his injury history, he’ll be available and he is the best pure thrower of the bunch

Capt Kirk should find a team that has the surrounding pieces...just needs a better-than-average QB to put them over the top. That is not the Pats. Really should just stick with the Vikes.

As a Vikings fan I have zero confidence in our GM to make a single correct roster decision. He was an awful hire. His decisions thus far have been ridiculous.

Not a Vikes fan but it feels to me like they have a good roster, and i've no idea what you do w/Cousins. Drafting a rookie normally means a few seasons of growing pains and their roster feels better than that, to just accept that, yet you have enough data to say with confidence that Captain Checkdown isn't getting you to the top of the mountain....Cousins has banked a gazillion dollars from his 2 franchise tags in Washington combined with his Minneaota contract....i'd like to see him take a very friendly deal with the Vikes and let them go get a few studs to help him.

Not a Vikes fan but it feels to me like they have a good roster, and i've no idea what you do w/Cousins. Drafting a rookie normally means a few seasons of growing pains and their roster feels better than that, to just accept that, yet you have enough data to say with confidence that Captain Checkdown isn't getting you to the top of the mountain....Cousins has banked a gazillion dollars from his 2 franchise tags in Washington combined with his Minneaota contract....i'd like to see him take a very friendly deal with the Vikes and let them go get a few studs to help him.
Aren't going to win a championship with him. I guess if you just want to be a good team and don't want to risk the chance at being bad he's your guy.

That would be the right thing to do because he is settled with his family in Minnesota and has a pretty good life off the field with various things. He has made gazillion dollars and he’s not a top 10 quarterback. So take a deal, or get lost.

I don't think he has any leverage here with this QB draft class and his history. Be interesting to see what happens here.
It’s a risk, but the lure of that rookie quarterback contract is hard to pass up. You hit on a guy and if he’s the right guy, he’s very good by his second year.. then all that cash can go toward your lines.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Maybe there is some smoke after all to Denver wanting to move up to get one of the big 3 QBs....I think they'd set themselves back 2-3 years doing it, but it is a QB driven league these days...got to have one if you want to be in the equation for postseason football

Reactions: drubendall
As a Vikings fan I have zero confidence in our GM to make a single correct roster decision. He was an awful hire. His decisions thus far have been ridiculous.
Vikes need to get another QB.. Cousins never wasn’t worth what they paid for him which at the time was the highest payed player and never accomplished getting into the playoffs..

Time for a change..

Maybe there is some smoke after all to Denver wanting to move up to get one of the big 3 QBs....I think they'd set themselves back 2-3 years doing it, but it is a QB driven league these days...got to have one if you want to be in the equation for postseason football

Do they have the kind of draft capital after everything they gave Seattle for Wilson? Just read they only have 6 total this year, and only 2 in the first 2 days. They do have the #12 overall but a lot of teams ahead of them need a QB and that isn't taking into account a team or 2 that could still move up. I think they're screwed this season.

Do they have the kind of draft capital after everything they gave Seattle for Wilson? Just read they only have 6 total this year, and only 2 in the first 2 days. They do have the #12 overall but a lot of teams ahead of them need a QB and that isn't taking into account a team or 2 that could still move up. I think they're screwed this season.
from what I've read it would have to be the 12th pick, a future pick and an asset. I'm sure Surtain would be dangled in with a deal. Have also read they may try to move Jeudy and Bolles for additional draft capitol (I'd have to think 3rd-4th round would be your best possible scenario for those 2)....at any rate, Denver's going to be 2-3 years away minimum from being in any serious postseason conversation (and I think that's being generous)

My hope is they trade down anywhere from 5-10 spots, hopefully acquire a 2nd and then take Nix, Penix or McCarthy

Capt Kirk should find a team that has the surrounding pieces...just needs a better-than-average QB to put them over the top. That is not the Pats. Really should just stick with the Vikes.
Falcons? I have no idea actually...

Reactions: trwebe
he would be a fool to go there. If he’s going to play for a northern team with his Achilles and advancing years he needs to find a domed stadium. There are much better fits for him than the Pats and their crappy O line.
A northern team in a dome? Thats a short list . The team he is playing for and the Lions. Doubtful they are looking.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He would be a great fit for the Cowboys….😕
Jerruh is old but he's not senile and never was dumb. You are the only person on the face of the planet that thinks he'd be a great fit for the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are in a win now mode and Dak has proven even with all that talent around him he can’t win big games. At the very least, Jerry needs to court Cousins to give himself a little leverage with Dak. I don’t really care what Jerry does but Dak ain’t the guy and Jerry doesn’t probably have enough time to develop a new QB. Cousins at least probably wouldn’t make some of the rookie mistakes that Dak still does

The Cowboys are in a win now mode and Dak has proven even with all that talent around him he can’t win big games. At the very least, Jerry needs to court Cousins to give himself a little leverage with Dak. I don’t really care what Jerry does but Dak ain’t the guy and Jerry doesn’t probably have enough time to develop a new QB. Cousins at least probably wouldn’t make some of the rookie mistakes that Dak still does
Only problem with This. Jerry doesn’t believe Dak is the problem. I agree with you .

Reactions: dinglefritz
Only problem with This. Jerry doesn’t believe Dak is the problem. I agree with you .
This discussion is hypothetical. Hypothetically Cousins to the Pats makes no sense for Cousins and little for the Pats. Cowboys on the other hand could make sense for both if Dak gets too greedy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT