ADVERTISEMENT

Cook as AD?

Reactions: headcard and tpmcg
I’m sure in their next meeting Trev will be sure to thank JC for the comment that if Trev didn’t take the job he would have

the effusive praise thankfully diluted the above

I’m sure in their next meeting Trev will be sure to thank JC for the comment that if Trev didn’t take the job he would have

the effusive praise thankfully diluted the above
You make it seem like they haven't even chatted it up yet. Of course they have.

You make it seem like they haven't even chatted it up yet. Of course they have.I’m sure they have.
I’m sure they have.
All things being equal .. if I’m Trev I’d just soon not have a Husker legend announce that he was going to take the job if I hadn’t. Thankfully Trev is likewise a revered Husker.
Would be like TO announcing that had Callahan not taken the job he would have.

I think Cook would be an amazing AD

Last edited:
Reactions: huskernkc5
I’m sure they have.
All things being equal .. if I’m Trev I’d just soon not have a Husker legend announce that he was going to take the job if I hadn’t. Thankfully Trev is likewise a revered Husker.

mountain-molehill-1.jpg

I was just thinking, he’s making a mountain out of a mole hill, and then I scrolled down and saw this. Well done.
It’s not that big a deal .. but I can tell you that any corporation after making a top level hire would prefer that those who were considered and otherwise would have taken the job remain anonymous. It’s why search firms have confidentiality clauses … the person ultimately hired prefers it as well

as I said not a big deal … a mild ankle sprain after stepping on a mole hill

As AD you don't need to know specifics about every sport. You have to be able to communicate with coaches and read the players attitudes towards those coaches. I guarantee TA knows what the football players actually think about SF and the other coaches.

Reactions: scarletred
It’s not that big a deal .. but I can tell you that any corporation after making a top level hire would prefer that those who were considered and otherwise would have taken the job remain anonymous. It’s why search firms have confidentiality clauses … the person ultimately hired prefers it as well

as I said not a big deal … a mild ankle sprain after stepping on a mole hill
Think you're the only one feeling sore here. Word of advice, no one but you cares about your opinion

We already took one legendary coach and tried him out as AD. Maybe it could work but I have my doubts. There is a lot more to being an AD than knowing how to win. Glad it worked out how it did. Trev has done an incredible job so far.

We already took one legendary coach and tried him out as AD. Maybe it could work but I have my doubts. There is a lot more to being an AD than knowing how to win. Glad it worked out how it did. Trev has done an incredible job so far.

Cook is more along the lines of holding people responsible for doing their jobs, imho. look at how he "manages" the volleyball team. Sun on the sidelines said a lot to many--

plus, had he taken it--hildebrand would probably--well maybe--be the volleyball coach, depending on Dani wanting to come back, but she has all but said YES

Think you're the only one feeling sore here. Word of advice, no one but you cares about your opinion
Not feeling sore at all

you hire the guy you think is best and would prefer no other names come out

because — hypothetically speaking, of course — if the guy you decided wasn’t as good as your top choice ends up winning the equivalent of the heisman and becomes the #1 draft choice in your area of expertise you end up looking like a complete jackass

Trev Alberts is the right man for the job and anyone who thought he was going to turn around the Men's athletic program overnight is only fooling themselves. I expect to see a vast improvement in the men's athletic programs at Nebraska going forward but it won't be without a few hick-ups along the way. I suspect our men's program will get smoothed out soon but not immediately under Albert's guidance, winner's refuse to give in and Alberts is a winner.

Does John know anything about bowling. Is it basically thumb to the nose for everyone except that weirdo that bowls with two hands and no finger holes?

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Obviously our alley-oop game would be off the charts if JC was the AD although I’m afraid we would still be jacking up shots after just 2 passes

goal tending might be a problem as well

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
Does John know anything about bowling. Is it basically thumb to the nose for everyone except that weirdo that bowls with two hands and no finger holes?
I heard the interview was a toss up between Trev and Cook and the deciding factor was Trev knew how to keep score during a bowling game without the aid of the bowling alley's computer screens.

Reactions: TFrazier
I heard the interview was a toss up between Trev and Cook and the deciding factor was Trev knew how to keep score during a bowling game without the aid of the bowling alley's computer screens.
That is putting it kindly
Rumor has it JC didn’t even have the slightest idea what a Turkey was

I’m sure they have.

I don't see anything wrong with his statement. He felt TA was the best man for the job and stated that and had they not have gotten TA, the JC would have taken the wheel. Nothing wrong with that.

John played college basketball at University of San Diego and was a high school football coach.
Guess that explains why he plays BB now with guys on campus. I'm calling it....Dani takes over VB...and Cook joins Trev in a support role for all coaches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT